Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I backed my beloved into a parking barrier the other night and pretty much jacked up the rear bumper. The price I was quoted at the dealership was $200 parts + $250 paint for the replacement bumper. I didn't know if someone knew somewhere out there where the plastic wonders could be ordered in OE colors?

The part number I found in the interwebs is 68021290AC. So now I'm faced with probably a three-part choice.

1. Pay the $450 to get a new plastic bumper cover.
2. Order the Kennesaw Mountain bumper for $405 and have an awesome black bumper with a plastic front bumper.
3. Suck it up and live with the battle scar.

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
The $200 for the price of parts is not bad. So...maybe you could get it from the dealer, but NOT painted. Then take it to one of those paint/body shops that will paint it for less.

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Another thing that occurs to me is that the salvage yards might be able to locate one in good shape of the right color. Many of them can even do a nationwide salvage yard search if they don't have one locally.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I e-mailed Kennesaw to see how much they would charge for painting one. I like the look better and the fact that it comes with free tow points is a plus.

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Nevermind, shipping would be $137. Screw that noise.
How strange. This place will sell you a rear bumper cover for $156.04 plus $35.95 for shipping, or you can pick it up there (Addison, Illinois) if you are close enough and avoid the shipping cost altogether.

Of course, you still have to take it someplace and get it painted.

http://www.auto-bodyparts.com/catalog/JEEP/PATRIOT/2007

On the page it shows the price for your part as $164.95, but when you click on "buy it now" it shows the above. The difference might be sales tax in Illinois, so if you pick it up you might have to pay the 165 whereas if you get it shipped you have to pay the shipping.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts