Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
i am thinking of vinyl wrapping my rims an black, grey, and light grey. what do you guys think.

here is a pic of my car with the stock rims.
http://s1305.photobucket.com/user/l...30321_173609_zps6378d607.jpg.html?sort=3&o=19
Would you be buying the vinyl that was printed in camo already? I used to do some vinyl work, and you have to stretch and contort the vinyl a pretty good amount when working with rims, so the final product may look a little different that what you were originally hoping.

I've done projects where we'd either use plastidip as a primer or vinyl as a base, and then would paint over it with custom designs.

Either way, it would definitely be unique. Post some photos if you end up doing it.

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the input guys. i would love to hydro dip it but i am looking for something that i can peel off if i dont like it, it peels, of etc. i will be buying a pre printed vinyl from my friend. (he has his own vinyl place). i will hopefully do it soon.

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i little update, i tried to vinyl the rim with carbon fiber (the cheapest there was). i messed up on the first rim. so i will be plactidipping the rims acrylic grey.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts