Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Patriot did not come with the cabin filter so about three years ago I installed the Mopar filter. I finally got around to replacing it yesterday and it was long overdue. The 12 month/one year interval will be my rule going forward - it was really dirty.

·
Life Long Jeeper
370 Posts
Barry,
mine didn't come with one either, I didn't know one could be installed. Where is it located? Thanks.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Its located behind the glovebox, you have to pull out the glovebox, and you will get access to it. There are threads on how to install it with pics on this forum!

·
just an average Joe
3,284 Posts
Thread in the knowledge base

The cabin (A/C) filter is located behind the glove box.

Open the glove box.
Push the sides, at the back of the glove box, together to get the glove box to drop down completely.
You will see the fan housing and there is a plastic cover with airflow stamped on it.
Take the cover off and replace the filter.
Reverse the process.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Another fun tip for the cabin air filter is to spray it with Febreeze before you install it. It's basically a permanent air-freshener every time you turn on the vents. My Pat was bought used and the previous owner was a smoker (ugh). Fortunately they 'bombed' it before I picked it up, so it took care of the smell pretty well and a few treatments with our ozone filter helped a bit too. However, if the vents weren't used for a few weeks the smell came back as soon as you fired on the vents. I bought my cabin air filter a few months ago and decided I would try spraying them with some febreeze. Works great. I know they make some already induced with the smell of febreeze, but I picked the cabin air filter up from Advanced Auto, which was the only place local that carried it. The febreeze works, great the only problem is I let my girlfriend pick the scent, so it's a bit girly :doh:

·
POTM Winner AUG. 09.
4,679 Posts
Nothing to do with Jeep ---You opted to buy the skinflint -cheapskate model--so you dont get the Goodies !! In this world you only get what you pay for.

No good having Rolls Royce taste , if you only have Mini Money!!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,095 Posts
Didn't opt for the SkinFlint Model- Cheapskate Model as I'm not a cheap Bastard like many others. Cabin Filters don't cost much, no biggie. Tiptronic do you Know Larry Flint of Hustler Magazine? I used to buy Copies when I was in my Twenties, stopped buying them 30 years ago.

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
Mine didn't come with a filter either--altho I have the Limited with the "security/convenience package--where the filter is mentioned. I cut up an A/C filter to size and it seems to work--sure could use the charcoal activated one--live in dairy country--and the dairymen's "smell of money" (Cow manure) can get a little bold on a warm day!

·
Registered
38 Posts
I really love this forum! I went out .. ok .. hubby went out and found the cabin air filter. I think I'm going to do that Febreze trick too. Not a smoker or anything but it'd be nice to have it smell good all the time :)

·
Registered
229 Posts
There seems to be no rhyme or reason to which model/option package gets the cabin filter installed in the factory.... My 2011 4x4 North w sun/sound has it installed.

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
There seems to be no rhyme or reason to which model/option package gets the cabin filter installed in the factory.... My 2011 4x4 North w sun/sound has it installed.
i agree with you, mine did not have one, so i ordered one today, cost $26 can at the dealer, the next time i will buy it on ebay, less than $20. shipped

·
Registered
232 Posts
I love the fact that I had to fight with my dealer this morning that one would fit in mine and he still refused to sell it to me. That just means AutoZone got the $15 and the dealer got nothing.

Damn I hate proving them wrong on a product they are supposed to know more about than us average Joes.

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
I love the fact that I had to fight with my dealer this morning that one would fit in mine and he still refused to sell it to me. That just means AutoZone got the $15 and the dealer got nothing.

Damn I hate proving them wrong on a product they are supposed to know more about than us average Joes.
funny thing, the same happened to me but after some arguments with the dealer part-guy, he ordered the damn filter and it fitted right in, he gave me a $5.00 reduction with some apology.:):)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts