Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have 2008 Red Riot North Edition, and i my Wheels got stolen a couple weeks ago, so i'm getting completely new Rims and Tires but i need some help Picking something out, its completely stock, No Lift, No Upgraded Suspension.

1: I really wanted XD Series Rims but i was told that they wouldn't fit on my Jeep ( Can someone confirm ) if the answers is no. is there XD Style Rugged rims available ( Black Preferred )

2: What are my best choice for Meaty Rugged Tires that wont mess up of Speedometer i want the biggest tires i can put on this sucker.

3: i don't want it to rub my fender ( if it does a little with no damage then its okay).

4: what size rims ? What size tires? What are my options?

Budget ( $3,000 )

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have 2008 Red Riot North Edition, and i my Wheels got stolen a couple weeks ago, so i'm getting completely new Rims and Tires but i need some help Picking something out, its completely stock, No Lift, No Upgraded Suspension.

1: I really wanted XD Series Rims but i was told that they wouldn't fit on my Jeep ( Can someone confirm ) if the answers is no. is there XD Style Rugged rims available ( Black Preferred )

2: What are my best choice for Meaty Rugged Tires that wont mess up of Speedometer i want the biggest tires i can put on this sucker.

3: i don't want it to rub my fender ( if it does a little with no damage then its okay).

Budget ( $3,000 )

Maybe Geolandar A-T-S < what size though

with Rugged Rims < again what size

·
Registered
7,433 Posts

Budget ( $3,000 )
Not sure about XD rims...

Specs for the wheels would be:
Offset: 45mm
Backspacing: 5.98"
Bolt Pattern: 5-114
I believe that is correct, if I'm wrong somebody else will let us know.

but your best bet is sticking with a stock rim size (16 or 17") and if you want a rugged tire, you'll find more options with a 16" rim vs a 17" rim.

If you do not want to get your speedo off, you'll need to stick with your tire size that came on your patriot. if you want to go bigger, you'll need to see if your dealer can update your patriot, some can, some cannot.

I run 245/65-17's and I rub at just before full lock, so I've lost some of my turning radius. I plan to change that when I lift it with some wheel spacers I have (1.5"). I can install the wheel spacers now, and I get rid of the rub, but then I rub elsewhere on the wheel well. I know some people with 235/65-17 who do not and some who do, seems to be tire dependent, 225/65, and 225/70 seem to be better. I have 17" rims so that is where my knowledge lies, Not sure on 16" rims.

I have falken rocky mountain's which are a discount tire exclusive, I got them because they have a 3ply sidewall, and I've done some serious off roading, and with airing down, a stronger side wall is a requirement.

Yokohama geolanders are available in stock sizes, and so are very popular, if you drop to a 16" tire, you options open up a lot more. so The best thing is to go to discount tire, and tire rack, and what ever else shop sells tires around you, and throw in some sizes, filter out the types of tires you don't want and pick one. If you go with tire rack, they have some pretty sick rims for not a lot of money. and discount will match their shipped price on tires and rims.

·
Registered
5,441 Posts
They only have one 17" rim with a 5 x 4.5 lug spacing.
Part num: 0508-8812 (Matte Black, other finishes have a similar part # of 0506-8812, etc)
8" wide rim with 20mm offset = 5.28 inches backspacing (http://www.mrw-wheels.com/wheel tech/offset chart.html)
So these rims will move the tire sidewall about 1/2 inch to the outside from the stock position.

As for the Geolander ATS size, I think you'd want 225/65R17 or 235/65R17 for that rim. Those are the closest to the factory 215/65R17 size which the dealer can program into the ECM/PCM to correct the speedometer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts