Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, so long story short, ive slowly been looking at vehicles, and well today I purchased a 2014 Jeep Patriot from a local lot. I live in Ontario - Canada.

I did some research before buying it, Ive seen the good and the bad reviews, I have to say finding this group helped a little. I originally wanted to get an escape.. I liked the older model escapes the shape and that's what led me to the patriot.

I literally signed the paper work about 90 minutes ago, went to the bank for a certified cheque and went back. I test drove it twice over a couple weeks. It's not the exact color I wanted. I was searching all around for white. But I bought a 2014 Brown Jeep Patriot. Has 87 0000 k on it.

·
8,307 Posts
Welcome! I hope you love yours as much as we love ours. :)

Friendly advicew: Maybe you've already seen this on there, but if you've got the automatic (CVT) it's about time for tranny maintenance. Owners manual is misleading, don't wait for the recommended interval.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome! I hope you love yours as much as we love ours. :)

Friendly advicew: Maybe you've already seen this on there, but if you've got the automatic (CVT) it's about time for tranny maintenance. Owners manual is misleading, don't wait for the recommended interval.
Ok so what does that involve?

I dont want to do something already, I just forked out all the money for it. LOL :(

·
Registered
10 Posts
Step one is to determine which transmission you have. I just used this website to show my build using my VIN and it worked great. How to Get Your Factory Jeep Build Sheet - Jeepsies. Follow the link on step 2.

If its a 6-Speed Automatic Transmission, you have about 54,000 miles. I just crossed 70,000 and I'm about to do mine this month. I think you'd be fine waiting some.

However, if its the CVT and your nearing 60,000 miles, or about 94,000KM, you'll without a doubt want to start thinking about getting the transmission and filter changed.

If you already knew which transmission you have, sorry for wasting your time with all that. If you're asking on what it involves go to the top search bar and search cvt transmission fluid change. You'll get a LOT of threads of people talking about how and when to change it. Lots of good videos on youtube on how to do it yourself.

Edit: By no means am I an expert or mechanic. Owned a 2014 for 2 years (traded it because it started having problems. Dealer never told me about an accident it was in. CARFAX ALWAYS). Current owner of a 2016 with 70,000 miles on it. Love it to death. They're a beast in snow.

·
8,307 Posts
I just have my dealer do it. When I was younger I drove older cars and I'd do most anything under the hood shy of opening up the engine. These days my cars are younger and I'm older.

·
Registered
2016 Jeep Patriot Sport 2WD
20 Posts
Congrats! I was a Jeep salesman for 3 years. I was good at telling prospective buyers about the Escape "car". I was also good at telling customers about a real Jeep.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey everyone, so I picked up the patriot after work - found out that I have remote start - very cool, two issues. LOL kinda silly. I again for third time (during 2 test drives) Ive put on the back window wiper ) and it wont turn off. I will fiddle with it before I go to work this morning.

Also, now the remote start wont work, says faulty.. I watched the dealer do it, but now for me it wont work. I did message him saying Id come in. I had no idea I had remote start until I went to pick it up to take it home.

Anyway morning, I just woke up, I gotta shower, my days start early 530 a.m at work

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok follow up - I filled the Pat up before work - went early, quickly came home (I live close), the remote start works after filling it up. It said I will have 362 km until empty, really not much more than my car was, probably my biggest disapointment so far. Hopefully it handles better and has good fuel milage.

one thing I don't care for, (I guess taking time to get used to), is the lights stay on for a minute after you shut the engine off, I keep thinking Im not turning the key all the way.

I will have to play with some stuff this weekend when I'm not working

Anyway, off to work soon,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts