Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, just wanted opinions of those who have the boston acoustic sound system and whether they think it was worth it to get it or not ? I am thinking about getting the standard system and putting in my own 2 din touchscreen with some good speakers and a sub. If you have any suggestions on the speakers or sub let me know.

·
Premium Member
4,705 Posts
I love my BA system... absolutely love it. After owning vehicles with decent sound systems I didn't think twice about it, and it's my favorite so far. If you are already an audio system guru and are planning on building out a system, then I am sure you can do better. If you want great audio at a great price that's hassle free.... get the BA!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AutoGuide App

·
Geek
993 Posts
All 4 doors have 6x9s, there are 2" tweeters in the dash, and 8" sub in the right rear, and 2 3-1/2" full range speakers in the litigate. Th eyes are all stamped with Boston Acoustic and the door speakers have noticeably bigger magnets than the base speakers, but they are still paper and foam construction.

That being said, I consider myself an audiophile, and I am not at all disappointed with the BA system. It was so worth the money to not have to mess with ripping out the factory system and install something that doesn't make me wish I was deaf.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
247 Posts
Very nice system. Its prolly the first factory system that I actually love. I can turn it up high if I want, and have no distortion, its just a very nice system.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Very nice system. When I dropped the old patriot with the standard sound and drove out with the new one with the upgraded sound the difference is perceptible instantly.

·
Fiat Cherokar
3,109 Posts
I have the BA system in my compass, and sound quality wise it sounds great, very good for a stock system. ON my previous Patriot I had replaced the stock stereo (non BA) with different speakers and added a sub, comparing the sound quality, they are very close. Bass wise At least for me I find the BA system a bit lacking for my tastes (for most others it's probably fine) So All I did was add a 10" sub in the rear (keeping the factory sub working as well) and now i'm 100% satisfied with it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts