Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 212 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yes we need a wall. Several high-profile democrats, Obama, Hillary, Schumer etc. have campaigned and/or pubicly spoken FOR a wall or fence and curbing illegal immigration in the past. They just haven't meant it or done anything about it.

They will not stand for it now because TRUMP wants it and they would rather see America FAIL than TRUMP WIN! They resist everything. He could cure Cancer and they would bash him.

I work for the Government in an essential position so I am working without pay until this is resolved.

Stand your ground Mr. President! Illegal immigration has been ignored for too long! We spend more on illegals each year than what the entire wall would cost.

It's time that someone did something about it.

And....the news stories stating that 60% of America is against the wall is more media BS! No one has been asked in my neck of the woods!

How can any of us be AGAINST Border Security???????

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Trumps fault, and no.... we don't need a wall.
Why is it trumps fault? The democrats could also give in some too to meet perhaps halfway? Its only a few billion which is a drop in the bucket. It doesn't make any sense why the dems would resist a small request from the president. Even if it means having people go without pay.

·
Premium Member
11,009 Posts
It's a dog and pony show folks.

BTW - where is our Canadian Wall?

·
8,128 Posts
Can I have it both ways? I'm totally against this wave of illegal immigration, but I don't think the wall will solve the problem. Bad people will find a way around it. As above, it really isn't much money compared to the overall federal budget. There's so much waste in it already, why does this little bit for the wall matter, even if it a waste of money?

Democrats just hate the president and they'll criticize anything he does --its that simple. If Donald Trump came in out of the rain he'd be criticized for not sympathizing with people who can't afford umbrellas! lol

·
Premium Member
11,009 Posts
Oh yea ask isreal on how their border walls are doing (supposedly the most fortified in the world). The people we don't want in this country will ALWAYS find a way in.

Reactions: jack.allwardt

·
Registered
119 Posts
"Tear down this wall" who said that?

Only the President has the authority to shut down the government and only the President has the authority to open the government. The Republicans won the Presidency. Therefore, the Republicans who refuse to hold this Republican President accountable, are at fault for the government shutdown.

The best impregnable wall ever built on the southern border will not stop anyone who wishes to cross the northern border or approach the US by sea on the open coast. Once built the wall will need to be guarded with armed guards with deadly force authorized as a deterrent to anyone attempting to penetrate the impregnable wall much the same as the iron curtain of the past. So, when the Republicans are willing to kill anyone coming across the wall then the illegal crossings will be reduced, but never completely stopped.

Only Republicans need this wall. The Republicans had control of the House, the Senate and the White House and could not build the wall.

Well, no more softball. Tomorrow the gavel comes down in the House and hardball begins.

·
Premium Member
11,009 Posts
Immigrant, you are wrong, congress can shutdown the government if they fail to agree on a budget or the president if he decides to not sign the budget.
The last two shutdowns were due to congress not the president, please learn the law before perpetuating false information.

As I stated above, a wall will not stop the undesirable illegal immigrants, they will still flow in.

·
Premium Member
11,009 Posts
Also Colorado, you spelled border wrong :D

·
Premium Member
3,453 Posts
It's a dog and pony show folks.

BTW - where is our Canadian Wall?

don't need one...Canucks are too smart to come to usa….

·
Premium Member
11,009 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Why is it trumps fault? The democrats could also give in some too to meet perhaps halfway? Its only a few billion which is a drop in the bucket. It doesn't make any sense why the dems would resist a small request from the president. Even if it means having people go without pay.
Yes the Democrats could give "a little bit", but that wouldn't get the job done and therefore Trump wouldn't sign it. He's said so multiple times. Secondly, this wouldn't be a topic if it wasn't on his agenda or one of his campaign promises. So, the shutdown rests on his shoulders.
As others here have already pointed out, a wall will only deter the immigrants that would already do things the legal way. Just like gun control laws only affect the already law abiding citizenry. Funny how the current Republican party will argue one way for the wall while the other for issues like Gun Control. (for the record I am an ardent 2A supporter) there is an old saying..... "You can;t have your cake and eat it too".
Another Republican president is famous for saying "..... tear down that wall", in reference to a wall dividing Germany to keep the democratic and communist sides separated. Now the Republican party wants to "build the wall" that will essentially divide families and result in more individuals running afoul of the law. Our forefathers set up a three branch system in an attempt to make passing laws hard to do. More laws=less freedom. They intended our government to always "err" on the side of freedom. Both major parties have been disregarding that mandate for decades.
A wall does nothing for "border security" and regardless of how many democrats have argued for one in the past and are arguing against it now, or what their motivations are, the billions could be spent on more pressing issues.
The only way to "fix immigration" is to scrap the entire current system and start from scratch with a more streamlined, faster process for those who are eligible. The current system turns those attempting to do it right into law breakers at about a 30% rate. Then when they decide that it is easier to stay and try to fix it than to leave and start over they are now "criminals".
Over the past 10 years I have seen anti-immigrant sentiment growing. I have witnessed (on several occasions) people verbally assault Latin American people in grocery stores for using a WIC card. Calling them "illegals", when they clearly are not. We as a people have allowed political parties to divide us. How about we build a wall around the capital and place armed guards on it. There's an idea I could get behind....

Reactions: geddisleroy

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
With all security, you can only slow someone down, you can't completely stop them. I think its rediculous to say that a wall will not deter people. The point of security is to slow people down enough its not worth their time.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes the Democrats could give "a little bit", but that wouldn't get the job done and therefore Trump wouldn't sign it.
He said he would be up for negotation on the price and amount of money. So what you said isn't true. The dems just are anti trump, it wouldn't matter if he wanted a cure for cancer, the dems would be against it.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
He said he would be up for negotation on the price and amount of money. So what you said isn't true. The dems just are anti trump, it wouldn't matter if he wanted a cure for cancer, the dems would be against it.
Sorry, but you're wrong. Trump did back down and say he would take less. Then yesterday he said this:

And he's back to 5.6 Billion. So right now today if the Democrats offered 2.5 he, in his own words yesterday, would not take it. So tell me again how what I said "isn't true".

·
Registered
179 Posts
Yes we need a wall. Several high-profile democrats, Obama, Hillary, Schumer etc. have campaigned and/or pubicly spoken FOR a wall or fence and curbing illegal immigration in the past. They just haven't meant it or done anything about it.

They will not stand for it now because TRUMP wants it and they would rather see America FAIL than TRUMP WIN! They resist everything. He could cure Cancer and they would bash him.

I work for the Government in an essential position so I am working without pay until this is resolved.

Stand your ground Mr. President! Illegal immigration has been ignored for too long! We spend more on illegals each year than what the entire wall would cost.

It's time that someone did something about it.

And....the news stories stating that 60% of America is against the wall is more media BS! No one has been asked in my neck of the woods!

How can any of us be AGAINST Border Security???????
I’m guessing your neck of the woods isn’t AZ, CA, NM or TX? We don’t need a stupid wall, we already have walls on our boarders and yet illegal immigration is still happening, what you think some new shiny spiked wall is going to deter illegal immigration? People that cry We need a wall seem to be from states that are even near the damn boarder? I think people of this Nation care about boarder security, maybe some of don’t buy in the BS that is being said by the Donald, Most of his rhetoric has become worse since being in office. I wish these wall thumpers would have the same passion about Health Care in this Nation as they do about some stupid wall. Last I heard the GoFundMe Wall was going great, Im all for idiots wasting money, just not taxpayer money, which the leaders of this Nation are so famous for.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sorry, but you're wrong. Trump did back down and say he would take less. Then yesterday he said this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_APGEKZ2-I

And he's back to 5.6 Billion. So right now today if the Democrats offered 2.5 he, in his own words yesterday, would not take it. So tell me again how what I said "isn't true".
I bet you if the offer was 2.5 he would take it.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I’m guessing your neck of the woods isn’t AZ, CA, NM or TX? We don’t need a stupid wall, we already have walls on our boarders and yet illegal immigration is still happening, what you think some new shiny spiked wall is going to deter illegal immigration? People that cry We need a wall seem to be from states that are even near the damn boarder? I think people of this Nation care about boarder security, maybe some of don’t buy in the BS that is being said by the Donald, Most of his rhetoric has become worse since being in office. I wish these wall thumpers would have the same passion about Health Care in this Nation as they do about some stupid wall. Last I heard the GoFundMe Wall was going great, Im all for idiots wasting money, just not taxpayer money, which the leaders of this Nation are so famous for.
There are pleny of places where the wall is dliapitated or too small or there is no wall at all. Walls seem to work very well for israel.

1 - 20 of 212 Posts