Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I changed my thermostat the next day I went out to start the jeep and it wouldnt turn over. All the lights came on so I figured it was the battery changed that and it started fine. But the car was making a grinding noise. So I took the front end apart and put a new thermostat housing on. Got rid of the grinding noise but the cars rumbling alot. When I put the key in and turn it on just befor you start the car the engine light is blinking. It goes away once I start the car. No codes and new spark plugs anyone have any insight?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Looking for a bit of help I have a 2010 patriot and the problem im have is when ever I shut it off it wont start unless I boost it now iv changed the battery twice and the alternator one and still have this problem can some help me plz

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looking for a bit of help I have a 2010 patriot and the problem im have is when ever I shut it off it wont start unless I boost it now iv changed the battery twice and the alternator one and still have this problem can some help me plz
Its probably a weak starter

·
Registered
4 Posts
Starter is fine as if I take out dead battery and put in new one it turns over no problem. If I shut off even for5 min to pump gas I get ssme problem

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
So I changed my thermostat the next day I went out to start the jeep and it wouldnt turn over. All the lights came on so I figured it was the battery changed that and it started fine. But the car was making a grinding noise. So I took the front end apart and put a new thermostat housing on. Got rid of the grinding noise but the cars rumbling alot. When I put the key in and turn it on just befor you start the car the engine light is blinking. It goes away once I start the car. No codes and new spark plugs anyone have any insight?
We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
JeepCares

1 - 5 of 5 Posts