Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help selecting the biggest A/T tire I can fit on a Jeep Patriot 2014 with stock suspension. With 17x8 +35 offset rims.

·
Super Moderator
5,658 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Patriot Limited 2.4L 6spd
12 Posts
I have a 32x11.5x15 on mine WITHOUT a lift. I did the normal trimming of pinch weld, cut my strut perch’s and have 1.5in spacers on it View attachment 92972
Do you have any pictures of how far the tires stick out ?
I'm looking to do the same but was thinking 30" x 10.5" with a 1" spacer.
Really don't want to get into taking out pinch welds etc....currently have 245/70/17 on my stock wheels and suspension.
I get a little rub at full wheel turn so I just don't turn the wheel all the way....lol

·
Registered
14 Posts
Do you have any pictures of how far the tires stick out ?
I'm looking to do the same but was thinking 30" x 10.5" with a 1" spacer.
Really don't want to get into taking out pinch welds etc....currently have 245/70/17 on my stock wheels and suspension.
I get a little rub at full wheel turn so I just don't turn the wheel all the way....lol

·
Registered
14 Posts
The pinch weld is no big deal. I pulled the wheel well liner ground a few slots in it, pounded it over with the hammer didn’t even cut it out. Then rubberized the whole thing sealed it back up. heated up the plastic liner on the wheel over the bumps and just pushed it in I didn’t cut it. I cut the spring perches while I had the grinder out also, this is almost more important than the pinch weld. The inside of the tire rubs the strut.. no bueno! maybe two hour project really not that bad at all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts