Jeep Patriot Forums banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
@AzJeepGuy, there's an 8 way connector with 3 wires that plugs into the back of the switchbank on the console:

View attachment 97587

View attachment 97588
Sandstone thank you for this diagram, it will help a lot. I got your messages while I was at the mechanics and I took the dash off again. To see where this wire belongs. So the wire is more inline with the Airbag Knee Blocker Driver as that where the wire seems to be...The switch bank wire area seems too to short for the wire that is not connect?

We removed the amp to check behind that area and there was nothing there, I also dont think its the Evap Sensor as well. I will be checking again tomorrow again

So the good thing today was in the middle of the rear console area, there was a anti-thift moduel that was not connected from the new wiring that was installed, mechanic must have missed it. So we tried to start it up with the some things not connected and again it didnt start, but this time we got the dings sounds from that unit and it wasnt making that sound before...

I feel better that the key guy came and said PCM, WCM, and other items are good....But a little frustrated that I dont know what is causing the Pat not to fire up...

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 · (Edited)
Parallel Font Auto part Engineering Slope

Hmmmm location at the diagram???? I have the dash off and I didnt see anything there? There is a square item anti-theft items that goes from the ign to the top there and that is connected, but the above wire seems to indicate that is part of the instrument wiring and not a seperate wire to ign

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Sandstone, thanks. I believe thats the square item that is connected to the ign by a single wire that is black. Its screwed onto the plastic shell that covers the metal dash frame, once you take off the dashboard. What is confusing me, it seems to indicate its part of the instrument wiring, which my connector is, but? There is nothing else there?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Here is a perfect example of the dash removed at 18:56, you can see a single black wire going to the middle on the upper dash area and thats I believe is the moduel that I am talking about that is connected to the ign ....The wiring and diagram show the connector is connected to the rear wiring instrument harness and has the colors that I mentioned above?

·
Registered
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport
5,500 Posts
That's not necessarily true. Often there is only one harness for all option levels. Maybe that plug runs a satellite radio module that your jeep wasn't equipped with. Try to get a dash wire schematic and connector location diagram before digging in again.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 · (Edited)
That's not necessarily true. Often there is only one harness for all option levels. Maybe that plug runs a satellite radio module that your jeep wasn't equipped with. Try to get a dash wire schematic and connector location diagram before digging in again.
My Pat is fully optioned with XM Radio and Bose system minus Nav and leather seats. Leather seats that I put in later on..But yes I agree you on the harness ...see below

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Well I think assumption was correct about the connector going to the compass module. But my Pat wasnt optioned with that feature. I have the tabs to screw down the module As you can see from the photo, the connector fits in that open location with ease. The oher unit is connected to the ign and I believe is an anti-thift module or something to do with the WCM.

Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Bumper Motor vehicle

Since the Pat was driving without this connector connected, I think I solved where this connector goes.

Ok with that being said, we tried to start the Pat again and again it didnt want to turn over. It cranks but doesnt start.
. Mechanic put in his $6k scanner and ECM had some faults one was a ADS, which related to the old relay board and we installed the new one. ADS fault come up again. I noticed today that my remote starter no longer works. Mechanic is convinced since we replaced the main body wiring harness that the PCM has be reprogrammed to remember the vehicle funactions again. Due the electical connections on the Pat, I am under the impression this is the case and no PCM would fix it, as we installed the 2nd flashed PCM and again no start but the same crank.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
What a day its been, after so many issues and so much needless money wasted replacing the main wiring harness, it came down to 2 relays that were beyond corroded and each relay had 1 pin that broke off into the relay brackets that held them in. This is all do a piss poor design from Jeep and will effect those in heavy moisture areas where drivers wheel kicks up into that unprotected area. I would check these relays and put some electrical tape as I did to protect them after I washed the Patriot

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Auto part Automotive wheel system Font

Thank you Sandstone and others who helped out, my Patriot is still not right as I have the following issues No heated seats, remote start not working, temp sensor not working anymore, drivers headlight bulb not working...I am sure these are tied into the relays and as we couldnt get them all the way in, since those broken pins were impossible to remove. After spending $1,761 $1k in labor from my home mechanic.....I am out and willl sell within the next 2 months and I am never coming back to Jeep.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts