Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Ya’ll,
I’ve had my patriot for about a little over a month now and I have notice it does not do good on gas at all. I’m averaging about 230-240 mile range. which is not good especially when looking at others on this forum getting about 300 and more. What do y’all recommend ?

I ran Techron fuel system cleaner for high mialage engines (i’m at 102k) twice and changed the both air filters. I also did the spark plugs recently and I really can’t seem to get to the bottom of why it’s getting such bad MPG.

I have heard resetting the computer is good but still not sure how to do it. Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks !

·
Registered
271 Posts
According to your previous posts, you have the CVT model of the Patriot. Poor MPG is the cost of ownership with that model and there is nothing you can do to improve it.

·
Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
1,268 Posts
Does your shift bezel have an "L" on it, like this pic? If so, then you've got the Freedom Drive 2 system and that's the best mileage you can expect. I typically average 200 - 220 miles per tank.

·
Administrator
6,275 Posts
I have heard resetting the computer is good but still not sure how to do it. Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks !
You disconnect both battery cables, touch them together for about 15 minutes, then reconnect.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have Freedom Drive II with the CVT, and my mileage & range are about like yours. As has been said, that’s the trade-off for off-road capability.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts