Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport
5,470 Posts
That looks like the bushing sleeve is coming out of the control arm. Should be covered under the replacement part warranty.

· Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I replaced that arm with the CK version. The quality difference was obvious. Even installing it was less of a hassle than the RK. I just going to go ahead and replace the right side while I'm at it.

· Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The other arm is supposed to be delivered today. My intention was to use the adjustable links, but I'll check my moogs later on today if I get a chance.

The more I think about it, something tells me its the position of the bracket on the KYB struts. On the stock struts, I never had to remove the links to pop the ball joint into the knuckle. Now I do. I can't be the only one that's had this issue.

· Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Curious if the new control arms fix the problem with the sway bar links.
Got the new arms in and they're still hitting but not as much it appears. I know they're not likely to hit while driving unless for some weird random situation i get fully extended. Things like this drive me crazy. I like to know why something is the way it is. I'm almost tempted to get new struts 🤣 🤣 🤣 I'm just stock with very common aftermarket parts.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread Bumper Automotive exterior

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread Synthetic rubber Bumper

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gear Automotive wheel system Gas

Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Bumper

Automotive tire Hood Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Automotive design

· Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
2,535 Posts
That's about how close mine are. They've been in for over 6 months and haven't hit (or at least made any noise) yet. Yours look exactly like mine too, I've got MOOG K750385. I got my control arms from ebay, Detroit Axle brand. I don't understand why they're as long as they are either.

· Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I might contact Moog and see what they have shorter. Another 1/4 inch and I'd be happy. I really don't want to use these $150 adjustable links on my desk if I don't have to.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts