Jeep Patriot Forums banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
We had a nice ride today. On one road, we had a rock wall on on side and a creek on the other for about 2 miles. We passed through a few creeks, but when we started up the rock road in the last pic we ended up having to turn around. The rock road went out of sight about a hundred yards from the spot in the pic, there was no where to turn around in sight and it was late in the day. I'm going to hit it from the other end on another day.

·
Equal Opportunity Mod
2,482 Posts
thanks for sharing your pictures with us CHETHRO! West Virginia has some beautiful country for sure!!

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
thanks for sharing your pictures with us CHETHRO! West Virginia has some beautiful country for sure!!
No problem, I passed about 40 ATV's during this ride. This was the first time I had ever passed more than 2. I think everyone was out trying to enjoy one of the last 70° days of the year. Then others were at their hunting camps getting ready for deer season. It's funny the looks I get as I pass these folks. I think they can't believe I have the Pat out on the same roads they are on. The 4WD system on the Pat really impressed me this weekend. I went up a wet red clay rutted hill that was 1/4 mile long with not a hint of wheel slip. Other times creeping up the small rocky creeks the Jeep always was sure footed. There is just a limit to how far I will push it until I get a hitch mounted winch set up. :D

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Well I'm cheating, but I thought some would enjoy the pics. My son and I spent the last two days riding between Pipestem and the VA state line.

·
Equal Opportunity Mod
2,482 Posts
I have not been through there in a while, sure is beautiful!!

·
Equal Opportunity Mod
2,482 Posts
So we can expect a few P.O.T.M. shots next month,huh?

·
Registered
12,876 Posts
Great photos!

Nice to see everything greened up already. My tress are just budding, and the woods still very open. Looks like I'm a week or two behind your area.

Gotta love spring in the mountains! I was out before dawn yesterday turkey hunting. I love watching and hearing the woods wake up in the morning.

Let me know if you travel north sometime, especially north central PA, I can show you some cool places.

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #35 (Edited)
Thanks for the offer Dixie! I would love to see them. For now my spare time is all spent down in Southern WV near my camp. Same goes for me, if your down near Parkersburg/Charleston or Pipestem let me know.

It was funny on this trip there were still places where the leaves were bare and others that looked like this. Elevation didn't seem to matter much since some of the barren areas were lower. Must have just been on the cold side of the mountain.

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #36 (Edited)
Bringing this one back from the dead to document new adventures in the 2015 Pat.

We took the Pat on a nice trip the last few days. As we were leaving for our trip, we snapped pics of a fox sleeping right at the edge of where I mow. We have a den over the hill in a small cave. Next, are pics of Bull Falls area then the New river near the WV/VA state line and then a few of RD Bailey Lake and camping area.

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #38 (Edited)
Thanks TJN!

I had some better locations for pics but when I downloaded them the sun swamped them out.

I had to crawl thru some rocks in a wash out and the jeep was at a high angle on the exit but I forgot to tell my wife to take any pics. :doh: It took a couple tries and the BLD's were kicking in but the ole'Pat came up with a little finesse. I need to get the abs fuse wire ran into the cabin to be able to switch it off.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts