Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I have an 09 Patriot North edition with CVT, 141k miles, and has a stock trans cooler already. I am looking to do the hayden 678 install to try and help with my overheating CVT.

I've already replaced both filters in it which was it's own beast of work.

I've contacted three different shops to see if they would do an inline install of the hayden cooler, with the following results. My regular shop said they couldn't do it, 1 said they wouldn't as they don't work on CVTs full stop. and 1 said they could only do a replacement install with a quote of $500+, which would not include the stock cooler in the loop anymore, just the hayden for cooling.

I was wondering if anyone had any links to the conversion couplings so that I do not need to cut and flare those for adding on? Or if anyone in the twin cities MN area knows a shop that can do the inline install on this?

Thank you in advance for any and all help on this!

·
Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
1,397 Posts
Hello all,

I have an 09 Patriot North edition with CVT, 141k miles, and has a stock trans cooler already. I am looking to do the hayden 678 install to try and help with my overheating CVT.

I've already replaced both filters in it which was it's own beast of work.

I've contacted three different shops to see if they would do an inline install of the hayden cooler, with the following results. My regular shop said they couldn't do it, 1 said they wouldn't as they don't work on CVTs full stop. and 1 said they could only do a replacement install with a quote of $500+, which would not include the stock cooler in the loop anymore, just the hayden for cooling.

I was wondering if anyone had any links to the conversion couplings so that I do not need to cut and flare those for adding on? Or if anyone in the twin cities MN area knows a shop that can do the inline install on this?

Thank you in advance for any and all help on this!
Welcome to the group! I added a Hayden aux cooler to mine in an attempt to help my overheating CVT. At the same time I also removed the trans cooler bypass valve. Because I couldn't get the metal trans line fittings free from the bypass valve, I just cut them and clamped the Hayden's lines right onto the metal lines, no need to flare. I did double clamp them though. Hasn't leaked in over a year. In addition, I also replaced the oil-to-water cooler. However, adding the cooler did not help with my trans overheating. Not even a little. I've got pics on here somewhere.

Installing the Hayden cooler was actually very easy. I plumbed mine in after the factory cooler. While I had everything apart I also blew compressed air thru all the lines to ensure nothing was plugged up and hit the outside of the factory cooler with the garden hose to remove any stuck on bug guts. When all was said and done it still overheated.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts