Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Jeep Patriot Limited. 2.4L CVT
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, hoping someone with a better understanding of how the window switches work can help me out here! Basically I am hoping to mod the switch on the driver's side for the front passenger window to have the auto-down function like the switch for the driver's window does. So the first question would be how that function works - is it the switch itself that controls that? Or is there some other module/equipment required to make that work?

I was thinking maybe I could find a second set of switches from a junked patriot/compass that has the auto-down feature on the drivers window, then swap that switch into the passenger window slot on my vehicle. Not sure whether that is even possible, or is there is some sort of mod I can do to make that happen.

Alternatively, is there a model that has auto-down on both front windows? Maybe I can find the parts and swap them out.

·
Super Moderator
5,381 Posts
Looked through the manual and there's no info on the auto down function other than the drivers side window switch schematic showing an "express down module" (see below).
That being the case I'd presume it's a hardware function of the drivers side switch and independent of other modules, but I can't say for sure.

·
Registered
2008 Jeep Patriot Limited. 2.4L CVT
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks @Sandstone, that's helpful! I had my electrician buddy take a look at the schematic and he agrees, it looks like some sort of hardware function. Next time I'm down at the junk yard I'll see if I can find a set of switches with the auto-down function and give it a shot! I'll update this thread once I do.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts