Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to replace my oem radio in my 2017 MK with an Apple CarPlay unit and add a backup camera. Any recommendations / advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I went with an XTrons Android head unit, which is Apple Car Play compatible... but I don't have any Apple devices, so I can't tell you how that part of it works from personal experience. I can tell you that everything else works great, so I'm reasonably sure that part will too. The best part though is the fact that it's a direct-fit unit, so no ugly dash adapters are needed, and it came with absolutely everything needed to install it, including a CAN bus box and all wiring, so it's totally plug and play.

There are a couple pictures of it in my showcase: My Patriot

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went with an XTrons Android head unit, which is Apple Car Play compatible... but I don't have any Apple devices, so I can't tell you how that part of it works from personal experience. I can tell you that everything else works great, so I'm reasonably sure that part will too. The best part though is the fact that it's a direct-fit unit, so no ugly dash adapters are needed, and it came with absolutely everything needed to install it, including a CAN bus box and all wiring, so it's totally plug and play.

There are a couple pictures of it in my showcase: My Patriot
Thanks for the information! I checked out the Xtron website and they only list Patriots 2009-2011. Which model do you have?

·
Registered
747 Posts
I've got the PBX69WRJ, which works fine in my 2014 Patriot.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where did you order yours from? I’ve emailed the manufacture twice with questions and they haven’t responded.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I purchased mine from the Xtrons website. I emailed them once to ask them if an Android update was available and the were quick to reply to tell me no. I would expect they might take longer to reply now, considering the whole corona thing going on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts