Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was searching a little bit because my patriot came with a full sized spare that doesn't totally fit perfectly in the wheel compartment in the back. I didn't find any viable hitch mounts/rear mounts. I'm wondering if there are any that are better and reasonably priced or should I just opt for a roof rack?

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
I was searching a little bit because my patriot came with a full sized spare that doesn't totally fit perfectly in the wheel compartment in the back. I didn't find any viable hitch mounts/rear mounts. I'm wondering if there are any that are better and reasonably priced or should I just opt for a roof rack?
My full size OE spare fits fine in my PAT. Consult your Owner's Manual or User's Guide for assistance.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
It will look something like this when properly stowed.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's not original, it's a sport that came with upgraded wheels. It's not totally that I want the wheel to fit, I more want to be able to hold the wheel outside and keep tools inside. There is also a towel under the wheel that keeps it from rubbing or squeaking I believe, but it's not thick enough to be popping the lid.
Nice work pulling the image though.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Whatever. It should still fit. I had a flat tire on my PAT. My OE 215/65-17 wheel/tire combo fit back into the compartment w/o issue. I had to pop out the chrome "Jeep" center cap and place the wheel valve stem down. The Sport PAT is sold w/ the 17" alloy wheels as an upgrade.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Much thanks for that link.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Well, I was born without the top of my skull and I guess a little bit of my brains was showin' and it was grossin' everybody out so my mom put this wig on me to cover it up and then the bones grew together and it got all infused and entwined. I mean I don't mean to get all scientific with you...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts