Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Not Sponsored
6,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
APRIL SUBMARINE OF THE MONTH SUBMISSION THREAD!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The contest of contests will be open for submissions from now until 12:00pm (Noonish) Central time on April 25th or when we reach 25 total entries.

To submit your SUBMARINE for SUB of the Month all you have to do is post a pic of your SUB here in this thread. You may only post pics of your own SUB. Previous winners may re-submit, however you can’t use the same picture. Maximum 3 photos per entry (or you won't be added to the poll).

When we reach 25 entries or reach April 25th (whichever comes first), a poll will be added containing the entered submissions until the end of the month. All members are asked to vote on their favorite. The person with the most votes at the end of the month will be the winner for the month of April!

PLEASE READ, WE HAVE ADDED TO THE RULES
To submit photos for P
SOTM, you have to have 50 posts before the 25th. Of these 50 posts, 15 of these posts must be within the last 30 calender days and majority CANNOT be from SOTM threads.
These post have to be quality and add to the discussions throughout the forum and not just an attempt to try to reach the post count.

This is not to discourage new members from posting, but to encourage people to participate in the forum and be active members of the community.

The incredible prizes:

1. The April 2015 SUBMARINE of the Month Winner will be featured on the homepage during the month of May.

2. A custom one of a kind decal with the month and year to forever commemorate your reign as SUBMARINE of the Month (Thanks Creation!!!)

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
4,557 Posts
Ok, folks, the day we've all been waiting for, and this post is no April Fool's joke. Feast your eyes on the Gato-class U.S.S. Silversides, the only United States naval vessel to have ever completed a mission while flying the enemy flag.

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
4,557 Posts
Lol, the Patriot's in these too, though I see your point. Considered it before submitting, but it's still a Patriot, with one gorgeous WW2-style background. Only way I can think of you can compete with this is the Lady Be Good propeller in Lake Linden, just a few miles southeast of you.

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
4,557 Posts
I was just joshing...Thought it would be a funny April 1rst thread title:).

Challenge Accepted:D
Ah, ok. Not a bad idea. And, nice to see I finally convinced you of it. Only thing better is if we could get both our rides in front of either location. :D

Edit: The propeller/memorial is at M-26 and 4th St, same intersection as a gas station and a restaurant called "The Loading Zone." It's in the yard of the local town hall/police station building.

·
Premium Member
3,287 Posts
Ah, ok. Not a bad idea. And, nice to see I finally convinced you of it. Only thing better is if we could get both our rides in front of either location. :D

Edit: The propeller/memorial is at M-26 and 4th St, same intersection as a gas station and a restaurant called "The Loading Zone." It's in the yard of the local town hall/police station building.
Wife and I went to the Loading Zone last weekend for dinner.

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Edited post below:

Now that April fools is over, I figured I should upload some real pictures.

·
Super Moderator
5,056 Posts

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
4,557 Posts
Getting a good laugh at our April Fool's fun, thanks guys. Good submission, Pitsaboi. And Mike, how was the food at the Loading Zone? Any good? Might make a nice stop for a summer U.P. trip.

·
Premium Member
3,287 Posts
What have I done to this thread!? :eek:

Anyways...
Getting a good laugh at our April Fool's fun, thanks guys. Good submission, Pitsaboi. And Mike, how was the food at the Loading Zone? Any good? Might make a nice stop for a summer U.P. trip.
My wife and I both liked it:smiley_thumbs_up:.

·
Premium Member
3,287 Posts
Click for full Res.

Original post:
Here ya go Rosso! No good parking spots near it so I parked in the handicapped spot just to take some pics.

This one's missing a Patriot:
Edit: Here's a replacement for the one missing a Patriot:
It was my B-Day and we met some guys in a Subaru that needed help so before we began recovery operations they offered to take nice pics with their fancy camera they had brought for the waterfall.

Another good one!

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
4,557 Posts
Wow, nice. Good weather for it today too, eh? Sunny and 60 or so out here. Looks like there's more names than just those of the Lady Be Good crew on that memorial, too. Wouldn't have known it was there if I hadn't researched the plane a bit and found out two of her crew came from Michigan. One from Saginaw, one from Lake Linden. Lol, looks like this is starting to unofficially be military appreciation month in this forum, between U.S.S. Silversides and the Lady Be Good. Pretty sweet.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts