Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this app online after swapping out my guage cluster caused my MIL to light up with a code that Torque could not clear. This is an app that works with a cheap ELM327 code reader. I had always thought that those ELM327 devices were uni-directional and could only read data... that is definitely incorrect, they can do a lot more than just read, it's just that they're limited by the capabilities of the app that you're using them with.

While searching online for how to clear the U0161 code that I was getting I came across this website: https://appcar-diagfca.com/en/. After a brief mental debate, I ponied up the $49 price and downloaded the program. It only runs on Windows, so I installed it on my Dell 2-in-1 laptop and headed out to the garage. The program requires an ELM327 code reader, and can work with either the bluetooth, USB, or serial port varieties.

I was pretty amazed at the capabilities of this program, especially for the price. Not only does it scan and show codes from every module in the vehicle, but it also lets you change things that cannot normally be changed... don't like having DRL's, or don't like them "winking" when you put your directional on? Turn that off. Don't have DRL's but want them? Turn that on!

Appcar DiagFCA works great, and it will work with any FCA vehicle, not just our Patriots.

I've got a bunch of screen shots so I think this is going to require more than one post...

Attachments

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Alright, I guess you can only post 10 pictures a day... Anyway, if you're looking to be able to see all the data floating around in your Patriot's systems, and a lot more, I highly recommend this program. If you have any questions about it, I'll do my best to answer them for you.

·
Super Moderator
3,874 Posts
Nice find, thanks for the heads up.

So if I understand right, this is for codes and turning certain functions on and off, but not for tuning (like fuel map changes), correct?

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
4,532 Posts
Does that mean you can make it so the lights don't come on when your switches are off? That's a kind of annoying feature to watch happening, especially when somebody turns their blinker on and the headlight or LED strip on that side turns off for the blinker.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does that mean you can make it so the lights don't come on when your switches are off? That's a kind of annoying feature to watch happening, especially when somebody turns their blinker on and the headlight or LED strip on that side turns off for the blinker.
That annoying winking crap that DRL's do when you turn your blinker on... yeah, there's a setting in there that you can change. I'd try it but I don't have DRLs.

·
Registered
34 Posts
From what I see, the Beta version also can program keys and turn off the Tire Pressure Warning...nice!

I use a Tech 2 for my Chevy and having the extra info and abilities is very handy. I have a GM account (cheap) that allows me to reprogram modules with the VIN and program keys, etc.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion mr_et2, I bought the program, installed it and ran it. I couldn't use my USB reader so I plugged my FixD bluetooth in and my laptop picked it up. I will need to troubleshoot the USB connection later to see what is going on.

My initial impression is for the money, it is an amazing deal. My old code readers were nothing like this one. I have two lights still on, ATS, ESP/ BAS lights so I am hoping this will tell me more than I already know.

Just got a code C123F, perhaps the steering angle sensor was the problem all along? We shall see.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts