Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked myself up a Patriot Sport 2012 model.

NOw although this was sold to me stating it has bluetooth (u-connect), i find out it does not. Such a pity. All my music is on my phone and i dont want to use the aux-in, so I have decided to research installing one of the many new chinese models of double din gps/BT/audio head units on ebay. THinking of this one: (will paste later after i have more than 5 posts)

BUt worried it may not fit.

NOw there are specific models that state they fit 2007-2011, but i'm not sure it will fit the 2012:

It would be really handy to have stock connectors so no cutting of wires is involved.

Anyone got an aftermarket stereo/gps combo installed? Were you able to connect the steering wheel remote? How easy was the wiring? What model did you get and how much was it? How was the GPS?

·
Registered
17 Posts
The one thing that is apparently disappointing across the board on aftermarket head units is the usability of their built in blue tooth for cell phone calls. Top of the line Pioneer AVIC models are apparently marginal at best.

In comparison, nothing but good reports on the UConnect bluetooth functionality. And I purchased an AVIC Z140 before I did that homework. DOH!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts