Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my 2nd one. I wore my first one out, was only a cheap $150 one, so Saved up my pennies and bought one for... $300. Still cheap but Way nicer than my old one.

Super fun.

anybody else out there riding?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
At my age, it just seems like a really good way to hurt myself and then not be able to work.....
Not to mention I live in the boonies. The roads are rough and people routinely drive 65-70 mph on the road I live on. My neighbor has lost three cars in two years just pulling out of his driveway. There is a blind hill that we can't see over from our driveways and the speeding drivers can't see us getting ready to pull out onto the road until they crest the hill and it's too late. No way in hell am i riding a bike, walking, or riding a skateboard anywhere near where I live.
If they really want to start a "green" push in the automotive world then create a methane powered pick up truck. Central Virginia has enough horse and cattle farms to fuel the entire southeastern U.S.

·
Premium Member
11,009 Posts
Never even heard that this was a thing lol!

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Confirmed my earlier assessment.... If your board tops out at 21MPH.... That's faster than most people can run. Fall down at that speed on a paved or concrete surface and something in my 40+ year old body will (not might, but will) break.... Have fun. I'll watch. :)

·
Registered
7,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Confirmed my earlier assessment.... If your board tops out at 21MPH.... That's faster than most people can run. Fall down at that speed on a paved or concrete surface and something in my 40+ year old body will (not might, but will) break.... Have fun. I'll watch. :)
I'm 36, I'm not far behind you. That's why you wear helmet, gloves, elbow and knee pads, and good shoes. I rarely take it up to full speed, ~14mph, is where it's most fun, I can carve the streets, and take corners, and go over speed humps and not die. Faster than that, and all I can do is go straight on very smooth streets.

I love it. I need more places to ride, I often take it out after I put the kids to bed. I have an LED work vest I wear to be more visible.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts