Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for this HOAT antifreeze coolant and cant find it anywhere. I picked up a bottle of MOPAR coolant (MS 9769) (OVU01524ab) from the dealership, but no where on it does it say (HOAT). How can it be this hard to find antifreeze for my patriot!

what have other people done for topping up their antifreeze?

thanks

·
Registered
54 Posts
It might be a good idea to talk to your dealer workshop. They should have a clear idea of the type and brand and stock it for use in repair work they might carry out.

The system is a sealed type are you losing coolant?
If so, it could be a leak, but it might be worth replacing the cap on the expansion tank. That is very often the root cause of very slow coolant leakage, if it cannot vent any excess pressure caused by heat. The part is only a very dollars or pounds. Good luck

·
Registered
263 Posts
Found this at http://www.baldwinfilter.com/literature/english/10 TSB's/05-2.pdf:

"Hybrid Organic Acid Technology (HOAT) is a combination of IAT and OAT with
nitrites added. This makes HOAT suitable for use in both light duty and heavy
duty systems. Currently, two manufacturers are using HOAT for their vehicles.
Daimler/Chrysler's version is dyed orange and contains 10% recycled antifreeze.
Ford Motor Company’s version is dyed yellow and does not contain any recycled
antifreeze. Both of these HOAT antifreezes use the marketing designator of GO-
5. They are compatible with each other but mixing them with IAT or OAT is not
recommended. The normal HOAT antifreeze service life is 5 years or 150,000
miles (250,000 km)."

I guess I should check the bottles of Global antifreeze I have at home to see if they're GO5.

·
Registered
839 Posts
2 weeks ago I got a radiator flush and refill with conventional antifreeze in our 99 Cherokee. After driving a little it was down to the Add mark so I wanted to buy a small jug of pre-mixed antifreeze just to top it up to the Full mark. I bought 1.89 L jug of Canadian Tire Motomaster Extended Life Premixed for All Makes & Models. It says mix with any color coolant - lasts up to 5 years or 250,000 km. I plan to have the antifreeze flushed in our Patriot & refilled with the HOAT real soon at 3 years cuz I don't believe in this 5 year stuff but that is just me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts