Jeep Patriot Forums banner

Another trip to Manassas VA

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Metaxa 
#1 ·
Heading to Manassas again this weekend. Looks like they will get 6-10 inches of snow tonight, with more in the mountains on my way there, overnight. Hopefully the roads will be good by the time I travel there on Friday.

If you see me on the road, or while in the nova area, beep.

#3 ·
I was in shorts and shirtsleeves (OK, with a vest) today, wondering if I should cut the lawn before I put lime down or just put the lime down.

We need to lime our yards every two years because all the pine needle droppings makes the soil acidic.

I play with my hydrangeas too. Lime one year, fireplace ashes the next. Blue flowers one year, pink the next. I've got neighbours who still can't figure out how I do it.

#4 ·
Have a safe trip Dixie! Metaxa..it is opposite here. If we want hydrangeas here we must plant with peat moss and top with pine mulch. We also must use acidic fertalizer....keeping them blue is alot of work.

#5 ·
I just now read online somewhere that 49 states out of the continental ones have snow of some sort or another on the ground right now.
kind of a fun factoid.

So do we...but 40 minutes away, up the ski hill.
My daffodils are up four inches, the golf courses are full, I'm seriously debating about cutting my grass...

Here is the kicker...I sprung for dedicated winter wheels and tires this year.

They have been on snow twice, for maybe a couple of hours and barely an inch or two and on ice once. The rest of the time we have been on the tail end of that California drought. almost been too warm to light the wood stove as it over heats the house no matter how small the fire is kept.

Odd times, eh?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.