Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
8,128 Posts
Its just politics. He's had background checks all his life. He had to go through all kinds of hoops to even get into law school, never mind it was a good one. More hoops to become a lawyer, or any kind of judge, all the more on the federal level.

Right after college I used to work in state court. Some judges were liked and some were not, some leaned right, some leaned left, but all were of good character.

To get into law school or be admitted to the bar one must be of "good moral character." Good law schools don't want to risk their reputation by admitting students who will not pass the bar due to moral (criminal) failings. Lousy law schools will admit anyone who can pay the tuition, but the student will never get to practice law.

No way serious law students are going jeopardize their future at a wild party -- they'd run from it! Party animals in college are kissing off their careers of even becoming lawyers in traffic court. When I was managing a restaurant I had a kid working for me who wanted to be a lawyer. He was good looking and got good grades, but he got into some CS and that was the end of that career path for him. You can get into some careers with silly stuff in your past by saying you've grown up now; not likely with law. As I said, law students are way too serious to play around.

None of the BS about Kavanaugh is true. No way it could be. But the public is gullible and the politicians know it. Its only about stopping a Trump nominee and their own political posturing.

·
8,128 Posts
A couple more thoughts.

1) Politically motivated accusations undermine the credibility of actual victims.

2) Consequently, it becomes more difficult for true victims to come forward with their story.

3) Politically motivated accusations diminish the seriousness of sexual assault.

4) Politically motivated accusations diminish the seriousness of false accusations.

5) Taken together, these "hearings" are an assault on the concept of justice itself.

·
Premium Member
11,009 Posts
WITCH HUNT

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
4,557 Posts
I can't help but jokingly wonder, if he nominated Hillary Clinton, would all the others turn on her, or stare blankly as she waltzes in and destroys everything?

And NO, I'm not by ANY means saying that's what he should do. Just wondering how far the anti Trump and anti American hate goes.

·
Premium Member
11,009 Posts
Now the news will have to find something else to blast into your face 24/7. Another Hurricane is brewing so they can sensationalize that into a giant monster storm that in the end will dump some rain on Florida. Maybe highlight the kneeling bums in the NFL ... wait the world series is coming soon right!

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
4,557 Posts
"Christine Ford won't pursue charges against Kavanaugh"....gee, I wonder why? Maybe the money ran out? Noooo, couldn't be.....

Protesters scream and claw at the door during the ceremonial swearing-in(officially done a couple days prior with just Kavanaugh, his family, and the chief justice).

·
8,128 Posts
I can't help but jokingly wonder, if he nominated the actual witch(Hillary Clinton), would all the other idiots turn on her, or stare blankly as she waltzes in and destroys everything?

And NO, I'm not by ANY means saying that's what he should do. Just wondering how far the anti Trump and anti American hate goes.
If he came in out of the rain, NPR would air a professional panel discussing how unwise it was. :wink2:

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I guess my other thread went to the abyss. Poor thread. Now for this thread. I have to remember what I was going to post last time I wanted to. It probably was super informative and life changing for people but now I can't remember it anymore.

·
Super Moderator
5,062 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,009 Posts
Thats because Kavanaugh is old news now, its been at least a week since the newscycle moved on to bigger and better things :D

·
Premium Member
11,009 Posts
Evil Saudi Arabia and Khashoggi seems to have picked up the most steam and the looming hurricane this week should take after.

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
4,557 Posts
And the invasion force approaching, don't forget that.

Lol, one of the mods modified my last comment in this thread because "off-topic ranting", but I don't even recall what I vented off in that post. Probably something that I thought was halfway relavant, reflected consistency in liberal madness, etc.

But I digress.

I'm just happy our newest SCOTUS member is doing his job well, like America really knew he would. Also I'm sure we've seen the memes about "if you think they're triggered now, wait until Ruth Bader Ginsburg dies".

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm just happy our newest SCOTUS member is doing his job well, like America really knew he would. Also I'm sure we've seen the memes about "if you think they're triggered now, wait until Ruth Bader Ginsburg dies".
I am just glad we have a supreme court justice that can actually read the law and do what it says instead of doing the opposite like some of the liberal supreme court justices. They take interpreting the law to mean whatever their current political agenda is.

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
4,557 Posts
Yep. I just hope they put through Constitutional Carry soon. I don't recall the part of the Second Amendment where it says "as long as you have a permit for it" or "unless you have a certain severity of a criminal record". Like seriously, if somebody's done something so bad that they can't be trusted to carry a firearm in civilized society, then why are they even still able to breathe/walk?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts