·
Premium Member
11,009 Posts
No - too cold :)
Well except for this winter!

·
Equal Opportunity Mod
2,482 Posts
I do want to visit Alaska. Guess that doesn't count for anything though. Oh and I think I will visit in the summer...

·
Premium Member
11,009 Posts
I'd like to visit as well - would love to take the coastal route - and only during summer lol.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Summers are so awesome here...but you'll be flat wore out when you drive home because the long days readjust your body's clock to 4 hr.s sleep in summer...love the vitamin D

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just picked up my first Jeep ever, ended up with a Patriot. I am loving it so far, although i haven't had a chance to play around I plan on playing in the snow tomorrow.

Is there a wave or a signal we all give to fellow jeepers? ;-)

·
Registered
659 Posts
I've always wanted to visit Alaska but haven't yet. Are there a lot of people who move up their on a whim? They see a few episodes of Survivorman and think they're going to build a cabin from scratch and live off their $150/month Alaskan Permanent Fund. :)

Jeep should come out with the Alaskan version of all their models -- that comes with an engine block heater, HD battery/starter/alternator, extra ground clearance, etc.. I bet they'd sell millions even to the lower 48.

·
Registered
4,792 Posts
Jeep should come out with the Alaskan version of all their models -- that comes with an engine block heater, HD battery/starter/alternator, extra ground clearance, etc.. I bet they'd sell millions even to the lower 48.
Jeep did have an Arctic edition geared for northern extreme cold weather
dont know what happened to that package

·
Registered
7 Posts
.... I have a ranch very close to the 60th parallel and with some very cold days for weeks (-35 C or colder) and never had a problem so long as I plugged my little creeper in. And most Canadian vehicles have block heaters. Extra ground clearance, yes I would vote for that.... I cross a lot of rivers in the winter so I wish that the front grill/plasticy stuff could be taken off... I have been stuck on a few ice shelfs and always get hung up of the plastic ferring or whatever it is called. What I really, really want is a bigger wheel well so I can put bigger more aggressive winter tires and chains on without having to lift the tippy little thing. As it is only cables fit, any chains damage the cowling. But then again I have limited experience... when the tough needs to come out, I rely on my old 98 dakota...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts