Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi
I am fast becoming unpopular in my neighbourhood. The reason - my Patriot alarm goes off unexplained in the middle of the night (with or without the motion detector activated). The dealer changed the central unit (inside roof) and the problem went away, but as now returned 1am on Tuesday and again 4am on Friday. Wondered if it could be a fox or cat - but deactivating the motion detector should rule this out. Both these two instances occurred whilst motion detector deactivated.

Regards

David

Update: Took Patriot back to dealer on Tuesday - he replaced a corroded connection and uploaded a March 09 software patch - result Thursday evening at 21:45 the alarm went off yet again. Help still required

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi
I am fast becoming unpopular in my neighbourhood. The reason - my Patriot alarm goes off unexplained in the middle of the night (with or without the motion detector activated). The dealer changed the central unit (inside roof) and the problem went away, but as now returned 1am on Tuesday and again 4am on Friday. Wondered if it could be a fox or cat - but deactivating the motion detector should rule this out. Both these two instances occurred whilst motion detector deactivated.

Regards

David

Update: Took Patriot back to dealer on Tuesday - he replaced a corroded connection and uploaded a March 09 software patch - result Thursday evening at 21:45 the alarm went off yet again. Help still required
Hi, David are you sure someone is not playing with you, and that your motion detector does not have any blind spots it could be that he is trying to get you to the place where you leave everything turned off then steel your car. I seg just that you set up a video camera in either night mode or infrared and hook it to a computer so that the computer records all night or even get one that is motion-activated and get everything all hooked up and test it for your self at night. Is it a person or just an animal ether way you must know. Dennis

1 - 2 of 2 Posts