Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help help help. My much loved Patriot Limited 2.0l CRD alarm has started going off at random times, sometimes it's due to wet weather but I'm not sure about this. It has a new Mopar jeep supplied battery and all the electrical systems are good and tested.

I set the alarm and then at any point over the next hours the alarm just goes off, it's usually at least after 10-12 hours. I have checked for flies etc in side or anything around the vehicle but nothing....

My question for you guys is
1 can I pull the alarm out of the vehicle?
2 if I buy an aftermarket alarm will this make the problem go away
3 what else should I try?

Any advise welcome as it's driving us and our neighbours mad.

Thanks in advance

Warren

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
moth in cabin?
that was always what set ours off
give the air intake and interior a good spray with flyspray (try to get the nice smelling kind) and see how you go

·
Registered
108 Posts
Well, it is probably going to be either a bad sensor or wiring short. Is your battery good? No other power issues? Have any issues with the door chimes going off randomly or the dash saying a door is open?

Long list of trial and error sensors, but start with the hood sensor.

Check the switch of the hood,the one on driver side. Clean the contacts and make sure that it is pressed all the way down when hood is down. Add a piece of rubber as a shim to press down harder if it isn't getting enough.

Next likely candidate is the interior motion sensor. Not sure how to go about testing that one...maybe just replace it and see if it solves the problem.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
aw come on....

bad earth (worm) ?
faulty sensor ?

is there a fuse for the alarm, pull that and see if it stops being silly

·
Registered
351 Posts
Is it going off even it is not set? Seems like a better option than removing it if you can just not turn it on until you can get a replacement or fix.

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
I need electrical issues ?
like a hard time starting
Or notice your clock reset at 12 o'clock ?
wondering if the connection is loose at the battery

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Help help help. My much loved Patriot Limited 2.0l CRD alarm has started going off at random times, sometimes it's due to wet weather but I'm not sure about this. It has a new Mopar jeep supplied battery and all the electrical systems are good and tested.

I set the alarm and then at any point over the next hours the alarm just goes off, it's usually at least after 10-12 hours. I have checked for flies etc in side or anything around the vehicle but nothing....

My question for you guys is
1 can I pull the alarm out of the vehicle?
2 if I buy an aftermarket alarm will this make the problem go away
3 what else should I try?

Any advise welcome as it's driving us and our neighbours mad.

Thanks in advance

Warren
Hello Warren,

Have you ever experienced the vehicle alarm going off around any loud noises that could trigger the system? Also, what country are you located in? Knowing this information makes it easier when looking for any service bulletins that may be applicable to your vehicle.

Thank you,

1 - 13 of 13 Posts