Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, the alarm bell in my 2016 Jeep Patriot normally rings when I forget to close the trunk door or leave the indicator light on too long.

Lately, the bell ring has been ringing when I back up, use the right or left indicator, and even (rarely) when I accelerate. I am thinking I may have accidentally activated it or changed a setting while trying to adjust the lights. There are no red warning lights on the dashboard.

How can I turn off the bell, or should I just take it back to the dealer's service dept? Thanks! Lin

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, the alarm bell in my 2016 Jeep Patriot normally rings when I forget to close the trunk door or leave the indicator light on too long.

Lately, the bell ring has been ringing when I back up, use the right or left indicator, and even (rarely) when I accelerate. I am thinking I may have accidentally activated it or changed a setting while trying to adjust the lights. There are no red warning lights on the dashboard.

How can I turn off the bell, or should I just take it back to the dealer's service dept? Thanks! Lin
I just bought a Patriot and notice the same thing. You posted this message 3 years ago so that's not very promising.

·
Administrator
6,361 Posts
Among other things, the chime can indicate a burned out bulb, or a low battery in the key fob.

Doing a scan for error codes might provide useful information as well.

If you just bought it from a dealership, you might want to discuss it with them. Maybe they'll do a free diagnostic for you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Oh nooo. Thought my 2010 Jeep was possessed. Took it to alarm shop and was told it was not an alarm but a panic button. Mentioned a relay but could not find or get to it. I can’t have another sleepless night so I had them disconnect the horn. Attempting to contact dealer to repair. How was your issue resolved?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts