Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 Jeep Patriot and I believe I have air in the fuel line. It started when my gas cap broke I thought it was fine until my gas cap light came on and the car would hesitate when accelerating. I immediately bought a new gas cap and filled up the tank and it’s sounds even worse but instead of hesitating the engine is really loud when accelerating and it isn’t driving as fast as usual. Anybody know how to bleed air out of the fuel line on a Jeep Patriot 2.0l 2008?

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Your problem doesn't seem to "add up" (make sense). A bad gas cap would not allow air into the fuel line. The cap maintains a sealed system for all the pollution controls to work. If there was air in the fuel line, it seems that it would simply work its way out as the liquid fuel is pumped up to the engine. I can't picture how air in the fuel line would cause a loud engine either. What am I missing here?

Maybe Google threads like this for answers?: https://mechanics.stackexchange.com/questions/2152/what-is-causing-air-in-my-fuel-line

·
Administrator
6,467 Posts
I have a 2008 Jeep Patriot and I believe I have air in the fuel line. It started when my gas cap broke I thought it was fine until my gas cap light came on and the car would hesitate when accelerating. I immediately bought a new gas cap and filled up the tank and it’s sounds even worse but instead of hesitating the engine is really loud when accelerating and it isn’t driving as fast as usual. Anybody know how to bleed air out of the fuel line on a Jeep Patriot 2.0l 2008?
Any other dash indicator lights?

Have you checked for error codes?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I also seriously doubt that you have air in your gas line. Years and years ago that used to be a problem with cars and trucks but not anymore. I would bet that your check engine light is on and you have error codes. If you don't have one, you can get OBD2 code reader from Amazon for just $20-$25. With one of these, follow the directions supplied by the manufacturer and read the codes. Then go online and see what typically causes that particular code to appear on the make/model number of your car. Google will almost certainly find you the correct answer. Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts