Jeep Patriot Forums banner

AIC's Waggy

9K views 96 replies 7 participants last post by  aroundincircles 
#1 ·
If anybody is interested, I'll be using this thread to post updates about my '89 Jeep Wagoneer.

#85 ·
So not sure if anybody here still cares, but my XJ is still not drivable, but I have narrowed down the issue to a the cylinder head being bad:

Dang Gina, saw my last post was from November. Basically the engine wouldn't rev over 2000 RPM, I fired a parts cannon at it. Couldn't fix it, took it to a shop where they couldn't figure it out, (they also fired a parts cannon at it). So I picked it up over a month ago, and finally had a few minutes to actually deal with it, and somebody suggested I might have a bad valve or something so I pulled the valve cover off, and spun the motor, and you can hear that one of the cylinders has 0 compression. Not sure which one yet, but it doesn't matter, because I gotta pull the head anyways, Not sure if I want to rebuild the one I have or buy a new one. That determination will be made after I pull my head and see how damaged it is.

#91 ·
What I did last night/today:
1) swapped drivers rear door
2) installed the front and transfer case skid plates
3) fixed the wiring for the driver's seat
4) cleaned the wheels and plasti dipped them (this is just temporary till I decide what I want to do with them).
5) installed new front brake lines that are the correct length.
6) installed 1.5" wheel spacers for better tire clearance.

Things I still need to do:
1) Bleed the brakes
2) go over the suspension and just make sure everything is still torqued to spec.
3) Fix the A/C
4) fix passenger rear window (it rolls up and down, just poorly. might just need to be greased?)
5) attach seat switches to seats in the front
6) install seat covers when they show up.
7) alignment
8) pass emissions
9) figure out what the ticking noise is when I accelerate.

Things I would like to do:
1) get the glass for the sunroof and install that
2) tint the windows.
3) fix dents
4) clear the car so the paint stops fading
5) replace the driver's fender. I have it, I'm just lazy.
6) recover the seats properly.

I do a ton of work and it seems like the number of items on my list never actually goes down.

#93 ·
Like any "proper" Jeep build depending on who you ask, it's never getting "done". Does the black on the bodywork serve a particular purpose, or is it just cosmetic like on the wheels?

#97 ·
Yeah I moved to Central AZ, out of the phx heat, but the process took a long time. I still poke around every now and then, I still sometimes contemplate getting a patriot, but for my oldest who is going to be driving in just over a year. I'm still driving my mazda truck, it's at the shop getting a new fuel pump today, but overall it has cost me >1000/year to own. I just cannot fault that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.