Jeep Patriot Forums banner

61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
I love working on old cars a lot of other people have worked on... woke up extra early thanks to my 4 year old, decided to work on my jeep for a few minutes since it's so nice outside, found out my front bumper was held on by just two bolts that were barely finger tight, should be 6 bolts torqued to like 75ft/lbs. So now, a 30 minute job of installing new front tow hooks is going to be a half a day job of going to the hardware store, hoping they have enough of the correct size and length bolts, PLUS I need to get two of those clip screw things since they are missing as well. Fingers crossed I can find those at autozone or what ever.

·
Registered
875 Posts
I love working on old cars a lot of other people have worked on... woke up extra early thanks to my 4 year old, decided to work on my jeep for a few minutes since it's so nice outside, found out my front bumper was held on by just two bolts that were barely finger tight, should be 6 bolts torqued to like 75ft/lbs. So now, a 30 minute job of installing new front tow hooks is going to be a half a day job of going to the hardware store, hoping they have enough of the correct size and length bolts, PLUS I need to get two of those clip screw things since they are missing as well. Fingers crossed I can find those at autozone or what ever.
Try a Fastenal store if there's one in your area.

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Try a Fastenal store if there's one in your area.
Thanks, There is one a ways from me but not crazy. I have to dump some oil at autozone after work, I'll see if they have what I need, if not I'll hit up a home depot, and then fastenal, since it's the furthest away.

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Needed space in the garage, so mounted the tires and put them on the jeep. I wish this was driveable as is, I LOVE the look of the stuffed tires, but if it ever went off road, it would be undriveable. even turning wouldn't be so hot on the road. Still waiting on my lift kit.

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
A few more things knocked off the list. and a few more added... Updated the color scheme.
Green = DONE!
Yellow = I have the parts waiting to be worked on, right now this list is limited to the parts I'm going to install when I do the lift, I've done enough that as parts show up I'm literally just going out and putting them on the jeep, and they are going from blue to green.
Blue = parts ordered and shipped, waiting on delivery
white = Other, either I need parts/supplies or is just fluids but it is waiting on a lot of other stuff first
Orange = on hold for now, it won't stop me from hitting the trails, so it is getting pushed till a later date.

61 - 74 of 74 Posts