Jeep Patriot Forums banner

61 - 80 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
I love working on old cars a lot of other people have worked on... woke up extra early thanks to my 4 year old, decided to work on my jeep for a few minutes since it's so nice outside, found out my front bumper was held on by just two bolts that were barely finger tight, should be 6 bolts torqued to like 75ft/lbs. So now, a 30 minute job of installing new front tow hooks is going to be a half a day job of going to the hardware store, hoping they have enough of the correct size and length bolts, PLUS I need to get two of those clip screw things since they are missing as well. Fingers crossed I can find those at autozone or what ever.

·
Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
1,051 Posts
I love working on old cars a lot of other people have worked on... woke up extra early thanks to my 4 year old, decided to work on my jeep for a few minutes since it's so nice outside, found out my front bumper was held on by just two bolts that were barely finger tight, should be 6 bolts torqued to like 75ft/lbs. So now, a 30 minute job of installing new front tow hooks is going to be a half a day job of going to the hardware store, hoping they have enough of the correct size and length bolts, PLUS I need to get two of those clip screw things since they are missing as well. Fingers crossed I can find those at autozone or what ever.
Try a Fastenal store if there's one in your area.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Try a Fastenal store if there's one in your area.
Thanks, There is one a ways from me but not crazy. I have to dump some oil at autozone after work, I'll see if they have what I need, if not I'll hit up a home depot, and then fastenal, since it's the furthest away.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Needed space in the garage, so mounted the tires and put them on the jeep. I wish this was driveable as is, I LOVE the look of the stuffed tires, but if it ever went off road, it would be undriveable. even turning wouldn't be so hot on the road. Still waiting on my lift kit.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
A few more things knocked off the list. and a few more added... Updated the color scheme.
Green = DONE!
Yellow = I have the parts waiting to be worked on, right now this list is limited to the parts I'm going to install when I do the lift, I've done enough that as parts show up I'm literally just going out and putting them on the jeep, and they are going from blue to green.
Blue = parts ordered and shipped, waiting on delivery
white = Other, either I need parts/supplies or is just fluids but it is waiting on a lot of other stuff first
Orange = on hold for now, it won't stop me from hitting the trails, so it is getting pushed till a later date.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Do you like me posting my working list? I updated it with some work I've done and some parts I've ordered, I also had to break the list, because it was getting too long to take in one screen shot, and I have a pretty high resolution screen...*

Finished my track bar upgrade, dual steering stabilizers, front sway bar bushings (old ones literally crumbled away as I was taking them out), radio upgrade with backup camera.*
Parts I am waiting on that should be here in the next couple of days are for the cooling/heater system. I have some leaks, trying to track them all down and clear them up. it's cheap and easy enough to replace some hoses and expansion tank bottle, and just know it's all good.*

I spent Monday trying to chase down my seats and lift kit, and the seats are still 2-3 weeks out and the lift kit... they have no idea. Quadratec was kind enough to offer me a discount on another lift kit, and I asked them... "what can you get me in two weeks?" so far it's been two business days with no response. so I am guessing the answer is "nothing". Rubicon Express wasn't able to give me any kind of answer either. so at this point I've slowed way down on my work, because... what does it matter? It's going to be a month+ before I have parts it seems like so doing other things.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Parts for the lift kit started showing up today! took it apart yesterday in anticipation. The key part, the leaf springs should show up tomorrow and I can start reassembly! I could be driving by thursday or friday (pending no major issues taking the front apart).

61 - 80 of 84 Posts