Jeep Patriot Forums banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
7,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Those are some Nice Seats....
I hope so, My last set of seats I put in my Protege were $1000 from Corbeau, and they were nice, but I just didn't have that much in me, so these are $400 Chinese seats off amazon. Jokes on me, I still had to give Corbeau $200 for a set of brackets to fit them into my XJ.

·
Registered
7,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
OK so question... I will need to buy at least tires for my XJ, since the ones that are on it are BALD, and too small anyways. I have several options as I have a 1998 Mazda B4000 (ford ranger), that has the exact same 5x4.5 bolt pattern. and I have put after market wheels, with Milestar M/T tires on it.

Option 1: leave the B4000 alone, and get Just new tires for the XJ on it's stock wheels.
Option 2: Get new wheels and tires for the XJ, and leave the B4000 alone.
Option 3: Steal the wheels and tires from the Truck and put them on the XJ, and get new wheels and tires for the Truck
Option 4: get new Tires for the truck (a less aggressive tire) and put the tires from the truck on the XJ factory wheels.

The reason I would possibly take the tires/wheels from the truck is they are very aggressive M/T tires, and the XJ will become my main off-roading vehicle, the truck doesn't need nearly as an aggressive as a tire, as it will be relegated to mainly what little daily driving I do, and mostly be used to haul stuff to the dump or home from home depot.

For reference, the truck:

·
Registered
835 Posts
Under your circumstances, depending on your budget, I'd go with option 3 or 4.

·
Registered
7,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Just ordered:
rear bumper w/tire carrier
Yukon Zip locker for the front
Yukon chrome-molly axles for the front and a plate to replace the stupid vacuum system that left me stranded at least 3 times in my last XJ.
Motor/transmission mounts
Wheel bearings.

Now I need to research under hood air options.

Still waiting for my lift kit to come in, reached out to Rubicon Express directly to see what the hold up is on their end, if any.

Taking my seats to Letzroll this afternoon to get shortened and re-welded.
Once the seats are in I'll put back together the front dash.

Sold my Blue car yesterday so have the cash now to buy things I could have never afforded on my last XJ.

If anybody has any other suggestions or modifications to do now while I'm tearing into it, they'll be appreciated.

·
8,307 Posts
First off, I love your Wagoneer. I've always admired the clean crisp styling of both the SJ and XJ. Wood grain makes it all the nicer. I also admire your ability to do such an ambitious rebuild. However . . . and please forgive me for saying so . . . IMHO those seats really clash with the color of the interior.

·
Registered
7,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
First off, I love your Wagoneer. I've always admired the clean crisp styling of both the SJ and XJ. Wood grain makes it all the nicer. I also admire your ability to do such an ambitious rebuild. However . . . and please forgive me for saying so . . . IMHO those seats really clash with the color of the interior.
They do, the color and style are 100% wrong. But in buying after market seats, your options are Black, black, black, black, red, or blue. I was surprised to find a lighter color, so bought them. Being in AZ, I have had black seats and they SUCK, and I simply could not find XJ seats in decent condition near me (the 96 and later seats do not fit, and would require extensive retrofitting to get to work). I also wanted seats that are a lot more supportive than stock seats. So this was the choice. I was going to see if i could get the centers redone with cloth that matches the headliner

·
8,307 Posts
They do, the color and style are 100% wrong. But in buying after market seats, your options are Black, black, black, black, red, or blue.
Almost like buying a new car. :(
I also wanted seats that are a lot more supportive than stock seats. So this was the choice. I was going to see if i could get the centers redone with cloth that matches the headliner
I had a '93 Cherokee and I know what you mean about the seats -- very uncomfortable. Redoing the seats sounds like a cool idea. I hope you can.

·
Registered
7,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Almost like buying a new car. :(

I had a '93 Cherokee and I know what you mean about the seats -- very uncomfortable. Redoing the seats sounds like a cool idea. I hope you can.
seriously. Car color options are a JOKE. jeep has done a good job of keeping some fun colors at least available, if not common.

My last XJ about killed my back every time I took it off road, and the seat was slightly collapsed which didn't help any. I am really hoping something meant to give support around a race track will give me good support off road as well.

·
Registered
7,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
So, Something a bit different from my build, but wanted to throw it out there, I was given the opportunity to give away a laptop on my main youtube channel, and not a slouch. A Lenovo Legion 5, with a 10th gen core i7, GTX1660TI graphics, and a whole lot more. the rules are pretty simple:
500 Video Likes by October 17 2020
Must be a subscriber
Must like the video
Must be over 18
Must Live in the lower 48 US states
Winner will be picked randomly from comments

Here is the video that has to receive the like and the comment:

41 - 60 of 63 Posts