Jeep Patriot Forums banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
7,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Yes, but they offer three shades of black and four shades of silver! Remember when we could get red or blue on the interior? And we had probably fifteen paint colors to choose from. Maybe they should can the touch-screen and offer a few more interesting colors. Then again, they'd probably come out with some bizarre neon colors that would be laughable.

GM used to have the "Art and Color" department. FCA sure could use a similar department in their corporate tree! At least get the dealers to stock the colors they offer.
Seriously. It's 1600 shades of black and silver (same color, just different hue), white, and maybe a red. younger people don't care about cars. They've proven that over the last 10 years. 16 year olds are not going out and getting their driver's licenses anymore. All their socialization is done via the internet. few of them have jobs to go to anymore, and when they do, they uber. They care more about the tech of a car than how it looks/performs.

·
8,307 Posts
Seriously. It's 1600 shades of black and silver (same color, just different hue), white, and maybe a red. younger people don't care about cars. They've proven that over the last 10 years. 16 year olds are not going out and getting their driver's licenses anymore. All their socialization is done via the internet. few of them have jobs to go to anymore, and when they do, they uber. They care more about the tech of a car than how it looks/performs.
Agreed, the kids in the cities.

·
Registered
835 Posts
That was my thought! I knew it would be polarizing, but hey, it's my jeep, I'll do what I want.
You're right, it's your Jeep. The only person that needs to like it is you. I really do think that it'll fit with the woodgrain. I had 2 AMC Eagle wagons that had woodgrain sides... used to love that look.

·
Registered
835 Posts
How did you prep the surface of the liner? I tried using 3M spray adhesive to hold fabric on one of my Eagles headliners and it fell after a few days. Had to resort to using about 1000 upholstery pins. I was younger and dumber back then or I would have taken the time to do it right.

·
Registered
7,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
How did you prep the surface of the liner? I tried using 3M spray adhesive to hold fabric on one of my Eagles headliners and it fell after a few days. Had to resort to using about 1000 upholstery pins. I was younger and dumber back then or I would have taken the time to do it right.
I used a LocTight brand Spray adhesive. I sprayed the foam down,very heavily and several coats until I could not pull it off, and then the fabric is glued to the foam. Hopefully that is enough to get it to stay.

·
8,307 Posts
Wow, you've got a lot to do but you're coming along nice.

Seems unlikely both front speakers wouldn't be working unless it was wired wrong and judging by the spider web you showed, I'd bet against the wiring.

Hard to believe that a 1989 is 31 years old!

·
Registered
7,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Wow, you've got a lot to do but you're coming along nice.

Seems unlikely both front speakers wouldn't be working unless it was wired wrong and judging by the spider web you showed, I'd bet against the wiring.

Hard to believe that a 1989 is 31 years old!
Yeah, I have two cars old enough to drink (89 wagoneer, and 98 Ranger). Yeah, the wiring behind the dash is an absolute mess. I'm going to try to fix it up for sure. That's one thing with getting such an old car. there have been a half dozen other people or more that have had their hands in her messing stuff up.

·
Registered
7,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Snug as a bug in the garage (excuse the mess, we just inherited my FIL's who apartment, and we're still going through it).

SOOOOOOO many parts coming in tomorrow, so excited to blow it apart and start working on it. Still Super hot and humid - 111° tomorrow...

·
Registered
835 Posts
Must be a sailor in the family... Funny how seeing your Wagoneer makes me want to buy another Eagle.

·
Registered
7,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Must be a sailor in the family... Funny how seeing your Wagoneer makes me want to buy another Eagle.
My Father in law, for over 20 years. We're currently in the process of moving him into long term care, so we cleaned anything of importance out of his apartment and it has had to come live with us for a while (and the reason my Jeep wasn't in the garage from day one).

If I could have found a half decent two door eagle. I would own that too. but people want a million bucks for them or they are rusted out scrap metal.

21 - 40 of 63 Posts