Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
7,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Known to-do list:
Full suspension (thinking of a 3.5" lift, that's what I had before, seemed about right, suggestions on kits welcome).
Brakes (seem a bit squishy, so brakebooster on down will probably be replaced).
A/C
Headliner
sun visors
front seats
Tires
interior trim
electrics (lights/speakers/etc)
upgrade cooling system? (bigger radiator or something).
dent removal?
Paint/vinyl repair?

·
8,290 Posts
I'm super stoked, I've wanted a wagoneer for a while. but they are pretty rare.
I once saw an early 70's Wagoneer driving on the beach in Massachusetts -- it had wood-grain trim (like yours) but was a dark yellow. I never saw a vehicle that I wanted so much! It's been nigh 50 years and I still admire it. Financial realities led me to a '74 Cherokee (SJ) that was only a shadow of my dream. I loved it but in the days of gas rationing I couldn't afford that one either. :( You're gonna love yours! (y)

·
Super Moderator
5,381 Posts
Got my build sheet from Jeep, anybody know what this provides me?

Rubicon X
It's under the optional equipment
Not 100% sure but I think it's just an appearance package that includes the fake wood grain trim on the sides.

·
Registered
7,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not 100% sure but I think it's just an appearance package that includes the fake wood grain trim on the sides.

The wood paneling is part of it being a wagoneer, not a cherokee. I am leaning towards it having a factory skid plate package, and special suspension maybe?

·
Registered
7,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I once saw an early 70's Wagoneer driving on the beach in Massachusetts -- it had wood-grain trim (like yours) but was a dark yellow. I never saw a vehicle that I wanted so much! It's been nigh 50 years and I still admire it. Financial realities led me to a '74 Cherokee (SJ) that was only a shadow of my dream. I loved it but in the days of gas rationing I couldn't afford that one either. :( You're gonna love yours! (y)
Thanks! its exactly like my last cherokee, same year even, but has some upgraded factory bits, and a lot of fake wood. I love how it looks, my wife thinks it's ugly.

·
Registered
7,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Interesting. I know dual headlights is kinda a high level trim thing from the 70's/early 80's. one interesting fact, when they went from body on frame to unibody, the total vehicle size shrank by a ton, but they were able to keep over 80% of the interior volume.

·
Registered
7,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I will post videos in this thread of course, but I decided to resurrect an old youtube channel of mine and will be posting videos there:
AIC Cars
http://www.youtube.com/c/AICCars
It is not monetized, but my other channel has a lot more to do with computers and product reviews, so decided to post on a more appropriate channel. If you want to follow, please subscribe.

·
8,290 Posts
Interesting. I know dual headlights is kinda a high level trim thing from the 70's/early 80's. one interesting fact, when they went from body on frame to unibody, the total vehicle size shrank by a ton, but they were able to keep over 80% of the interior volume.
Dual headlights were a new thing for 1958. I believe they were illegal before that but when permitted all the manufacturers rushed to implement them. I still think the 1958 Chevy ranks among the most attractively styled vehicles, even though the '57s still get all the attention -- that massive grill and the dual headlights made it look more imposing than a Cadillac.

About unibody, there were a few stabs at it during the 1930s but Nash (in the Jeep family tree) was the first to go unibody in a full production vehicle in the 1950s.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Wow... interesting choice. It'll fit right in with the woodgrain.

·
Registered
7,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Snazzy! Remember when cars came with a variety of interior options? We could even get a Gremlin with denim seats! A pattern like yours just might start a trend!
All cars are either black or silver, with a black interior anymore. It's soooooo boring. I doubt as many people will choose to be as tacky as I am.

·
8,290 Posts
All cars are either black or silver, with a black interior anymore. It's soooooo boring. I doubt as many people will choose to be as tacky as I am.
Yes, but they offer three shades of black and four shades of silver! Remember when we could get red or blue on the interior? And we had probably fifteen paint colors to choose from. Maybe they should can the touch-screen and offer a few more interesting colors. Then again, they'd probably come out with some bizarre neon colors that would be laughable.

GM used to have the "Art and Color" department. FCA sure could use a similar department in their corporate tree! At least get the dealers to stock the colors they offer.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts