Jeep Patriot Forums banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Before anyone gets too excited, I know the jeep isn't a race car or the poster child (if you will) for a high performance machine. I just want a little something more! I wanted to ask you all what aftermarket parts can I put on my rig for a little extra something? also...I came across a throttle body spacer. has any one else tried this? I have used them before and seen slight results but both were installed on 8 cylinder vehicles.
Where did you get your throttle body spacer from?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Neither the CVT or Korean 6 speed can handle much in the way of torque. Maybe +10% over stock safely. That said, take it from somebody who's tuned his 5.7 Hemi - throttle body spacers are snake oil, and a waste of time and $$$. I could maybe see a larger ported throttle body on a V6 or bigger with a tune.
While both K&N and Spectre make CAIs available, the most you can hope for is maybe an extra 3 - 5 HP, and a cooler sound from the intake. Even adding a cat-back, you might pickup an extra few HP. Really, without the ability to tune the computer, the best most factory computers can handle is maybe a +few% increase in fuel to compensate for the better breathing. A CAI will run in the $300 - $400 range, a cat-back probably starting at $500+++, so spending $1K - $1,500 to get maybe another 5 - 10 HP tops. Hardly worth the expense and trouble. I know that Dodge did make a turbo version 2.4 Caliber SRT4 around 2007-2009 or so, making in the range of 285-300HP, but I believe all were with the 6 speed manual, as it would grenade the automatics.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts