Jeep Patriot Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

· Registered
176 Posts
I believe the StrongArm website indicates a 1-year warranty on their lifts. Does it include labor? If you put them on yourself in 10-15 minutes, then that's on you. If you paid a shop to have them installed, it's whatever their labor policy is. I have a local shop that I have do complicated stuff I can't/don't want to do. Their policy is 24-month/24K miles warranty on both parts and labor. As for "national", if you bought them through someplace like Auto Zone, Advanced, O'Reilly's, etc., then yeah. I mean, for like $10 a piece, and 10-15 minutes of my time every few years, well worth the savings.

· Premium Member
178 Posts
I want to like ordering from Rock, but they really need to step up their game if I am to order from them again.
With Rock Auto I noticed that the warehouse things ship from tend to change as you add things as if they're the trying to get more money intentionally from shipping.

· Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
What kind of warranty is on the aftermarket parts? Is the warranty national, and does it include labor? The mopar ones carry a 2 year warranty, which includes labor, and it is national (entire US).
When I comparison shop I generally go OCD on all of the options and weighing all the pros and cons. At some point, one decides at what savings amount does the decision/trouble warrant. It's very tough now-a-days because aftermarket parts quality is extremely variable, even with name brands. Sometimes I notice that the highest quality parts have the shortest warranties. A piece of junk with a lifetime warranty is not a bargain. One should consider value vs. lowest price. Parts selection is a balancing act for sure. Older now, I seek the holy grail of lowest price less often , a hobby for many. I don't mind paying a little bit more for made in the U.S., but I stlll own lots of out sourced possesions (little choice). Regarding labor, these things are easier than windshield wipers.

My OEM struts were made by Stabilus. Mopar wants $35 to $50 each vs. less than $20 each for U.S. made Strongarm. Warranty is a smaller qualifier for cheap, easy to replace, less critical parts. My 2 cents.

· Registered
176 Posts
With Rock Auto I noticed that the warehouse things ship from tend to change as you add things as if they're the trying to get more money intentionally from shipping.
Yeah, past couple buying experiences with them has me come to the conclusion that unless they are the only place that can source a specific part/brand, in the long run it is just as cost effective to either buy from local Advance and use the 15%-20% online discounts, or go to Amazon, where I get free shipping. As for the Strongarms, I think I've only replaced the originals I had on my '06 Daytona once, and they've been good since, and on the Pat', I replaced the OE hatch lifts with the Strongarms once since new, and they're still good. A $10 part from Rock, with $10 shipping, is no bargain.:(

· Registered
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport
5,468 Posts
Actually, I find they do a pretty good job of letting you know parts are in the same warehouse. Once you add something to your cart and go to another parts listing, they will show a small truck icon next to any of the parts shown that are in the same warehouse. I've saved quite a bit using that icon, even on large orders where it may show an A, B, and C warehouse. Look for alternate parts for any C warehouses that are @ A or B and watch the shipping charges drop.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts