Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have decided to buy a Jeep Patriot. So far it has been difficult to find the exact model I want, so I may have to settle for a different color. I will be making my purchase within the next two weeks. I have been looking at the 2009 and 2010 model years. I really like the Jeep green metallic for 2009. I was disappointed to see Jeep was not offering anything but "optic green" for 2010. But they added a "natural green pearl" late in production, so I may have an option there!

I do not have much money to spend on a car, so my options are limited. I really wanted an AWD/4X4 vehicle. I looked at Subaru Imprezas, but they are very cramped inside(I am over 6ft tall). I knew I needed something with more room for kids(none yet), dog(Lucy), cargo, and myself. Originally the Patriot did not appeal to me. I thought it was very small, and FWD? c'mon, really? However, upon seeing the Patriot up close and personal, I realized it was actually pretty roomy. I feel like it is nice compromise, between a large SUV and a car. Overall, the ratings and reviews call the Patriot rough on pavement, and cheap and dull inside. I was not looking for anything flashy. But all the reviews agreed on 2 things-Exceptional fuel mileage, and it's a 4x4 SUV for less than $20,000! Oh and it's a Jeep 4X4, the most trusted name in civilian off-road vehicles. Jeep has a legacy of capable vehicles. While I am not planning on getting off road with mine, it's something I could get into.

I know this is a long drawn out first post, but I am glad to find a community for the Patriot. I look forward to learning more about the Patriot as well as sharing what I know and learn on my own.

P.S. I ran across this forum while searching for add-ons for my base model Patriot. I can't afford the options now, but I can add them as I go!

James D.

·
POTM Winner AUG. 09.
4,636 Posts
Go for it James . We would love to welcome you as a member of the World Wide Family.

·
Registered
144 Posts
can get a forester for $19k.

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
just weeks?

wow your a quick shopper
think i was looking, browsing, for 1-2 yrs before i decided.
heck am already looking into my next purchase, not sure when that will be yet

welcome to the site,
enjoy

·
POTM November 2008
8,868 Posts
wow your a quick shopper

welcome to the site,
enjoy
It only took me seconds. We were buying my wife a Compass and I was just paging through an 08 brochure while she was signing papers. It was then I discovered I could get a brand new Jeep Patriot with vinyl seats, tintless windows and a manual transmission. I was sold right there on the spot! 40,000 miles later I'm still very happy with the, dog proof, vinyl seats that still look like new. However, in my haste I ordered the wrong exterior color. :doh:

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wow your a quick shopper

welcome to the site,
enjoy
Well I did not have that much time. Considering my budget and my needs(mostly my budget), I was able to narrow down very quickly. Truthfully, my first thought was to buy a used Wrangler Unlimited. When I saw how much you can customize those, I was sold! Then my budget and common sense told me better.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It only took me seconds. We were buying my wife a Compass and I was just paging through an 08 brochure while she was signing papers. It was then I discovered I could get a brand new Jeep Patriot with vinyl seats, tintless windows and a manual transmission. I was sold right there on the spot! 40,000 miles later I'm still very happy with the, dog proof, vinyl seats that still look like new. However, in my haste I ordered the wrong exterior color. :doh:
Vinyl? I have not seen the vinyl seats as an option! If I am not mistaken I cannot order the leather seats without jumping to the limited, but I would prefer the leather with heated seat options. I will eventually get some leather heated seats in there.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I ordered the wrong exterior color. :doh:
I have found what I see as a good deal on the 2010 Patriot 4X4 manual trans. w/ wheel/tire upgrade for US$19,369. However, the one they dealer has in stock is stone white. I could settle for that, but I REALLY like the new "Natural Green." Do you think I could keep that price and special order to the dealer? I could even do without the wheel/tire upgrade, I am gonna pick up the black Cragar 17x8s I saw on Summitracing.com

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
budget dictates alot,

Well I did not have that much time. Considering my budget and my needs(mostly my budget), I was able to narrow down very quickly. Truthfully, my first thought was to buy a used Wrangler Unlimited. When I saw how much you can customize those, I was sold! Then my budget and common sense told me better.
looked at wranglers many times,
what i would save by skipping options i would end up spending 2x-4x in aftermarket options.
as for the Pat, cant beat the price.
dont think theres any other 4x4 in its price range.

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
... I am gonna pick up the black Cragar 17x8s I saw on Summitracing.com
Recommend you go for a 16" rim. I'm not a tire expert but from what I understand, you'll have a better choice of tires available to you. Hopefully more knowledgeable members on this subject can chime in and offer their opinion. I have the stock 17" alloy rim and the all-terrain tire I want, the General Grabber AT2, is not available for the Patriot at this size.

You may not be picky about your tires but it's just something to consider.

·
POTM November 2008
8,868 Posts
I have found what I see as a good deal on the 2010 Patriot 4X4 manual trans. w/ wheel/tire upgrade for US$19,369. However, the one they dealer has in stock is stone white. I could settle for that, but I REALLY like the new "Natural Green." Do you think I could keep that price and special order to the dealer? I could even do without the wheel/tire upgrade, I am gonna pick up the black Cragar 17x8s I saw on Summitracing.com
Since you are talking new 2010 vehicles, it is worth a try. If you were looking at an 09, no way.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well I emailed a dealer about special ordering a new Patriot in Natural Green with Dark Slate interior and 5 spd. They said it would be about 6 week wait. Not that I cannot wait, but there is a current $500 incentive for those of us in the "great Lakes" region (USA) and I have a $750 coupon I found whilst shopping online for the car, which is only valid to the end of November. So I may be settling for white, but there is also a black one up in Wisconsin for about the same price. I am thinking of seeing if they can put on the standard wheels and tires and delete that cost from the price. I am just going to replace them anyway.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Welcome aboard! from just down the road in Indiana. (ok like 3 to 4 hrs down the road but who's counting!) btw, I've got white and it's not as bad as I thought it might be when I bought it.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Welcome aboard! from just down the road in Indiana. (ok like 3 to 4 hrs down the road but who's counting!) btw, I've got white and it's not as bad as I thought it might be when I bought it.
Well looking at the white and imagining it with the black cragar 397's and a roof rack, among other black accents I think will work well. My wife's parents live in Northern Indiana, so eventually I hope to check out Badlands. Until I get my new wheels, a lift, and some other add-ons it'll be all street for me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts