Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G`day from Adelaide. Just checking in here as we have just picked up out new 2014 Sport Patriot. We traded in our old Dodge Nitro and are enjoying the comfort of the Patriot already.

Totally stock at this time but I think some chrome accents may be in order in due course.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
lol yeah SA bud not many patriots around here though

Great to see a couple more Aussies on here.

Will be interested to see (if you guys are modding them) what your plans are and how you get some of your mods completed.

Seems we have it a bit harder over here to get some items at a descent price!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yeah I'm not sure if we will or not. We have some ssr professors we were thinking of putting on my wife's there 18x9s but dunno if they will fit or suit.

We have a jzx100 track car we spent time drifting/ modding but I guarantee ya we will end up doing stuff to the jeeps lol

·
Registered
22 Posts
Great to see a couple more Aussies on here.

Will be interested to see (if you guys are modding them) what your plans are and how you get some of your mods completed.

Seems we have it a bit harder over here to get some items at a descent price!
Spot on mate. You need to dig deep here compared to US prices. Also pretty limited on what you can mod on your ride. I just knew that if you change the tires to a bigger one, put spacers or lift, your Jeep wouldn't be road worthy here in NSW. :doh:

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Spot on mate. You need to dig deep here compared to US prices. Also pretty limited on what you can mod on your ride. I just knew that if you change the tires to a bigger one, put spacers or lift, your Jeep wouldn't be road worthy here in NSW. :doh:
Yeah, you're not wrong, although I have just bitten the bullet, paid US prices and shipping on a couple of things.

You should be able to get away with slightly bigger tyres and a 2 inch lift? Or are the mexican DOT a lot more strict down there?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Not really sure. Thinking of just getting bigger tires for the mean time no lifters. Just concerned about rubbing with 235/65 and spacers are apparently illegal here in NSW according to the tire shop I inquired in.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Not really sure. Thinking of just getting bigger tires for the mean time no lifters. Just concerned about rubbing with 235/65 and spacers are apparently illegal here in NSW according to the tire shop I inquired in.
Man, I would be surprised if spacers were actually legal anywhere in Aus. I know they're not legal here in QLD.

235/65 will technically be illegal (in qld anyway) as we can't go any higher than 50mm difference in size. Biggest we can go up here is 225/65 (in Qld).

Tyre shop will be able to tell you though, will also put your speedo out?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yeah as what I have read around here it'll put the speedo out by a few kms. But I use a digital GPS speedo anyway so that should be ok. And yeah same rule applies here if more than 50mm height it wouldnt be road worthy. Just concerned about rubbing and if I would be able to get away with 235, as 50mm increase in height is not really noticeable I think. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts