Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Seriously Addicted
4,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched this forum and the internet of how much it would cost to add the navigation. I have the 30gb touch screen stereo. I wanted to know if it was worth it to buy the factory navigation package. Or would it be better to buy a standalone gps?

Thanks for the help

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
I just added a MyGig without Nav. I have a TomTom in my other vehicle and it works great. I use my cell phone with a car mount for navigation in my Pat. It works pretty good and I can stream Pandora from my cell phone at the same time. I was looking at the MyGig nav, but I just could not justify it.

·
Registered
136 Posts
No No No like new MyGIG on ebay $625. sell your non nav for $300.. get add on sirius antenna $20 nav antenna that mounts under dash $40 bam. your done..

I had to add the $335 lockpick cause mine is an 08 but if your 10 then just make sure you get a low speed MYGig Nav.. 15 minutes direct switch same hole size..

·
Registered
10 Posts
MyGIG for sure

I would go with the MyGIG for sure to be honest. It's a clean look, you don't need wire harnesses, cutting, splicing, etc. I installed the 730 RER, with the mic, and gps antenna, took me 1 hour tops... It was a clean install and even with the mic mounted on the pilar it looks really good and "integrated". If you still need advise feel free to send me an email. I spent about 2 months researching and I have a 2010 Patriot. The install was so easy I couldn't believe it... there are even PDF files and some forums that show you pretty much step by step. I would definately go with factory nav. if you can wait i think Jan. will provide even more options if they release a low speed 430N that will actually fit... too soon to tell... but even if you go with the 730N you can get a good deal on ebay. I can even tell you who I used if you are still looking.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I would go with the MyGIG for sure to be honest. It's a clean look, you don't need wire harnesses, cutting, splicing, etc. I installed the 730 RER, with the mic, and gps antenna, took me 1 hour tops... It was a clean install and even with the mic mounted on the pilar it looks really good and "integrated". If you still need advise feel free to send me an email. I spent about 2 months researching and I have a 2010 Patriot. The install was so easy I couldn't believe it... there are even PDF files and some forums that show you pretty much step by step. I would definately go with factory nav. if you can wait i think Jan. will provide even more options if they release a low speed 430N that will actually fit... too soon to tell... but even if you go with the 730N you can get a good deal on ebay. I can even tell you who I used if you are still looking.
Let me add that adding the Uconnect mirror is easy as well.. I got mine off ebay for $25. And then $100 for the wiring to go down the inside of the pillar. It was so easy. Eventhough I m an 08, it looks fan*&*^&tastic

·
Registered
600 Posts
Let me add that adding the Uconnect mirror is easy as well.. I got mine off ebay for $25. And then $100 for the wiring to go down the inside of the pillar. It was so easy. Eventhough I m an 08, it looks fan*&*^&tastic
What exactly is a uconnect mirror? Also so the RER doesn't come with a NAV antenna... you have to purchase that separately?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Outch! You guys have more money than me! For alot less, you'll find after market double din touchscreen with all options...Like rear view camera, bluetooth, navigation, Gps, Dvd, Tv, etc....As low as 300.00 on some import sites...With the proper trimplate, and harness, it still look as good as original...Anyway, not everyone think the same..

·
Registered
136 Posts
Outch! You guys have more money than me! For alot less, you'll find after market double din touchscreen with all options...Like rear view camera, bluetooth, navigation, Gps, Dvd, Tv, etc....As low as 300.00 on some import sites...With the proper trimplate, and harness, it still look as good as original...Anyway, not everyone think the same..
Just for the record, I have had many cars with many aftermarket systems some cheap some very expensive, some I did myself, some installed by Circuit City and Best Buy. I have never, ever EVER had an aftermarket radio where the bluetooth people did not complain about how I sounded.. I am sure there has to be atleast 1 out there and I am certain someone will come along here and tell me how great the bluetooth is on their particular unit, BUT I just have a bad taste in my mouth for anything non factory dealing with BT.

I love my MyGig.. I dont just like it. I dont just like it alot.. I LOVE IT.

With so many things just not panning out these days to the promise of ads and even reviews, It is SOOOOOOOOOOO nice to actually have one thing that you absolutely are 100% satisified with.. Atleast for me.........

·
Registered
136 Posts
What exactly is a uconnect mirror? Also so the RER doesn't come with a NAV antenna... you have to purchase that separately?
The Uconnect mirror is the mirror with the microphone for the voice command and bluetooth. Mine came from a 2010 challenger and I got it cheap in an auction for $25 someone didnt know what they had. You can find them through the part number for less then $100 on ebay.. plus the wiring.

The 2011 up mygigs have the nav antenna built into them as they are powered by Garmin.. Before that yes you do have to buy a nav antenna for about $60 for the oem one but the good news is there is allready a noticable place for it to mount under the dash near the unit.

YOu also have to buy a sirius antenna if you dont have one already but the good news is thats it, the sirius is built in and the sirius plug on the mygig is not chrysler specific ,, any standard sirius antenna will work (make sure you wire is long enough to get around to the rear to mount it)

·
Registered
600 Posts
The Uconnect mirror is the mirror with the microphone for the voice command and bluetooth. Mine came from a 2010 challenger and I got it cheap in an auction for $25 someone didnt know what they had. You can find them through the part number for less then $100 on ebay.. plus the wiring.

The 2011 up mygigs have the nav antenna built into them as they are powered by Garmin.. Before that yes you do have to buy a nav antenna for about $60 for the oem one but the good news is there is allready a noticable place for it to mount under the dash near the unit.

YOu also have to buy a sirius antenna if you dont have one already but the good news is thats it, the sirius is built in and the sirius plug on the mygig is not chrysler specific ,, any standard sirius antenna will work (make sure you wire is long enough to get around to the rear to mount it)
Thanks WiFi. I've been doing a lot of research on this myself so I think I figured most of it out. I don't really care about Sirius so could I just not get the Sirius antenna? They are only like $20 on ebay so I might just get it to have for resale.

Still waiting on someone on ebay to trip up and way underprice a mygig...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts