Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to add this to the forum because I searched for this answer and never found one so I figured it out myself. The factory stereo doesn't have a blue or blue and white remote wire or rca inputs that I could find. So the solution is a adapter harness I bought on ebay for 21$ you just unplug your stereo harness and plug it into the new one then plug the new wiring harness into your stereo. But make sure you get the harness that provides the blue remote wire. Plug in your rca wires red and white usually then attach your remote wire provided in the harness. It will work if you use the power wire but your amp won't turn off but doesn't use a lot of energy but may cause you some battery issues because it never stops drawing from it. My amp has 2 red and 2 white inputs and the harness only provides one. Do get 2 adapters that are one female to 2 male inputs. At the amp plug the mall into the female and it will give you 2 male inputs for the red then do the same thing with the white. If you only run one set instead of 2 but your amp has 2 inputs only one if your speakers will work. It will seem like there both working but the second speaker is moving because of air pressure in the box not because it's on. But once this is done run your power wire to the battery. I couldn't find a hole in the firewall that's accessable without tearing your Jeep up so I ran it on the driver's side between the door and door frame and surprisingly it doesn't effect the door open ing or closing with a 8 gauge wire running through it. But then I ran my power, remote and rca wires through the bottom plastic liners to the trunk. Sounds good and works well but trying to find a factory remote wire took longer then doing everything else. But I hope this helps clear up the confusion since no one had a good answer to this question online. But FYI I did use the power wire as a remote at first and left it on for a few days and my battery never went dead. But adding a harness with a remote wire pre connected is the perfect solution.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts