Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Model: 2016 Jeep Patriot Sport SE 4X4 (no factory backup cam)

So, after years of procrastinating i finally installed a new head unit to replace the factory one. I installed the Alpine Ilx-w650 with the pac unit to keep steering wheel controls. I got this specific head unit because its only a media unit and only does a few basic things. (Android auto, backup camera and radio)

Install of the unit was easy, but i wanted to have a factory backup came look. So, on ebay I bought the light bar assemble (5SD80GW7AA) with black ascents and the backup camera.

I ordered a cheap $20 amazon backup. I used the old oem housing to mount the new camera in the factory backup camera, then I used epoxy to mount the backup cam to the OEM cam housing. Its not pretty but it worked out great.
IMG_20210425_094120.jpg

The new camera mounted perfect into the OEM camera location.

Finally I installed the new microphone in the same spot i had the uverse mic, I had to remove the uverse internals from my previous rear view mirror when I added my auto-dimming/compasss/homelink mirror. (its behind the left black grill)

I added the new remote USB port to the center console where the 12v power plug would normally be.

I think it all turned out great with a very factory look.

I've already removed the patriot badges from both doors, I just need to add the new black Jeep badge to the hood and replace the 4x4 emblem on the rear with a black one. And powder coat my wheels black.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts