Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys and gals.

2009 patriot CRD limited 104000

All the yellow lights come up for a sec or 2 when under 60moh or not at all on a drive off 120 miles I did under 6omph.
Over 60 they all come one and won't go or go once speed dropped down.

I had winter s tyres taken off and summer put on and alignment checked and sorted hoping this might help if it was a bad sensor reading on a flat or misaligned tyre.

When the lights come up I've stopped done the 3 turns check for coders and comes back - - done-- so no error codes.

I've heard off the pink wires having copper deteriorated over time?
Or it might be a sensor or abs pump?

Anyone have any idea on how to trouble shoot and or experience with this?

Thanks
Dan, uk

Attachments

·
Registered
148 Posts
Those lights most likely means a wheel speed sensor.

·
Super Moderator
3,873 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
I don't know if the 3 key thing would pick up those codes. I think it only reads OBDII and not EOBDII or manufacturer specific codes. Usually those lights all coming on like that refer to a wheel speed sensor as mentioned. Perhaps you could use a scan tool to check live date/freeze frame data from when the code activated as it may be a stored code.

Or you could just jack up each tire and wiggle test the wiring while spinning the wheels and someone else looks at the dash. You could remove each sensor and look for damage or any magnets that are no longer properly connected to the sensor (likely problem). Or just check the reluctor rings for dirt if they are on the axle and not in the bearing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts