Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I live in Indianapolis and an interested in buys two pats. Here is what I am going to ask the dealership for whenever I go. So what do you guys think? I would be buying two so I am hoping to get some kind of a discount. Here is what I would like on my 2 2012 jeep Patriot’s

Here is the list of requirements the first one: [/B]
Sport 4x4, automatic, power package, 2.4 liter engine

Optional (these are options that would be nice, but not deal breakers)
Tow Package
Freedom drive ll of road package
Sunroof and sound package

Here is the list of requirements the Second one:
Sport, power package and sunroof and sound.

Optional
Automatic
2.4 liter engine

The Limited package would be nice for the second one.
I would be trading in a 2007 ford focus and would be putting down about 10,000 cash

I qualify for the 1% below factory invoice price

My goal is to stay around 30,000 do you think that I am asking too much or do you think that I should ask for more? When would be a good time to go the the dealership to get the best deal? How do you think I should approach a dealership with this deal?

Thanks

Richard

PS: GO COLTS

·
2012 POTY
6,154 Posts
Welcome Richard! It seems like finding FDII on the east coast is a challenge. You might have to find it yourself and then get it shipped. Before you go to a dealer, browse around the internet and see how much Patriots are going for with your preferred packages. It will give you some sort of the starting point on the pricing. From my own experience, a good time to buy any car would be month end (especially the last day of the month) and when new year models are available (a dealer should mark down previous year models to make room). I know starting this month one can start placing orders from 2013 Patriot. If you're not in a hurry, do your homework first, wait till either month end or 2013 model appearance and then make your move. I think you should be able to stay below or around $30k. Does the second Patriot have to be 4x4? If so, let's say each one would be around $20-22k. So you're looking at $40-44k - $10k down - trade-in value + taxes. How picky are you on colors?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank You!

I see pats on auto trader around here for about 18,000 but that is without a lot of options. I've even seen them as low as 11 for a base model. Ya I got time I don't plan on buying for at least November time frame. The second one does not have to be 4 X4 and color don't really matter.I also qualify for the military discount too. I was thinking that I could get both pats for around 30,000 - 35,000 without down payment and trade in ( - some options). Am I just selling my self dreams..lol..

Thanks
Richard

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
Call Chryslerr LLC and ask them if they can find you an FDII in your area. That's what I did after scouring the web for one. They found one and it fit what I wanted but that was pure luck. Your other option is to order it and wait. Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts