Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never see any water driping from this drain, dealer said they checked it but after 90 miles on a hot humid day I see nothing when I stop.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have to check mine out, too.
My Buick will leave a puddle, and my old S-10 would look like a faucet running, but I've never noticed anything under the Patriot.

·
Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
1,321 Posts
Apparently a lot, if not all Patriots have the AC drain hoses aligned in such a way that they actually drain into the front subframe, which can cause the subframe to rot out prematurely. If I didn't see a little water puddle under mine while it was sitting with the AC on, I'd check that first. I've heard of people addling an additional length of hose using a plastic barb fitting to keep the drain line out of the subframe.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Big puddles under my Patriot after a short 5 minute drive in summer with the AC on. I can watch the water dripping out like leaky faucet. I assume that’s normal?

My 2014 is an Aussie/international model. Not sure why that would make any difference though?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Big puddles under my Patriot after a short 5 minute drive in summer with the AC on. I can watch the water dripping out like leaky faucet. I assume that’s normal?

My 2014 is an Aussie/international model. Not sure why that would make any difference though?
Yours is normal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts