Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I guess I could make a build thread since I actually have some things done to my Jeep.

Also feel free to check out my first thread on my Jeep.
http://www.jeeppatriot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95470

Here is my adventure thread feel free to browse.
http://www.jeeppatriot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=151130

Currently:
2011 Jeep Patriot 70th Anniversary FDII
Pro Series 51 Receiver - Class III Hitch with Mopar wiring harness
Rocky Road Outfitters Lift
RRO SuperSliders
Yokohama Geolandars A-T-S 225/70R17
Jeep Molded Splash Guards
Jeep Cross Rails
Short Antenna
Red Trail Rated Badge
JeepPatriot.com stickers (JP.com, POTM- July 2013)

Ideas/Coming Soon:
Air Intake
Exhaust
Rook Basket with Lights
16"/15" Rims with a 29" tires one day perhaps
Some mudflaps that are not as ridged as my molded splash guards
RRO Front Bumper Kit (not sure which one yet)

Day 1 of ownership

Hitch Installed

Installing wiring harness

Pre Lift

Post Lift

After Tires

Still not as nice of picture as I would want. Not POTM material but I will work on it.

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
did the mud flaps come stock? and cant wait to see your pat EVOLVE!

·
Not Sponsored
6,879 Posts
I think I can help on the JP.com stickers! Shoot me a pm when your ready.

Sent from my Galaxy S3, Please excuse the spelling!

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rub-a-dub-dub

My tires rub, BOOOO.

So my tires rub on the rear of the front wheel well.

This is a picture of the front driver side.

This is part of the frame so I am not sure what to do, maybe can hammer it in, has anyone else rubbed here?

This is a NO spacer thread, hopefully haha

·
Premium Member
4,712 Posts
Wait, why no spacers? It's either spacers or different wheels. The spacers I got are nice and I've had no trouble with them in the 4,000 miles I've put on them

Sent from my Nexus 4

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So had a bit of fitting fun today. Tried on my friends Liberty rims and tire combo.

Stock rim with stock wheel size 235/70R16

These rims DO NOT FIT. The face of the caliber was grinding into the back of the rim. I heard it rubbing, didn't go very far just a little forward and back and couldn't see where until...

Next we have his new tires and rim combination. 245/75R16

These rubbed just about everywhere in the back of the wheel well on the plastic. And maybe the slightest bit where my tires now rub but not nearly as bad. I think if someone so desired they could run this with a bit of plastic modification and hammering down the pinch weld.
They look cool.​

More
Looks like it has a club foot in this one.

Now a bit about his Liberty.
He has the old man emu lift from RRO in this (so he tells me).
It is a diesel Liberty.
245/75/R16 Tires with after market rims that he doesn't know the offset of. They work well with pushing the rim out from the wheel well though.

I can see me going out adventuring with him soon so stay tuned for pictures when that goes down.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Red Trail Rated Badge

I got my red Trail Rated badge today.
I cheaped out and I regret it. This badge was half the price of the proper one but I figured "how different could they be". At first it doesn't look any different but on closer inspection it is a little flatter than the stock badge and just not as defined. I am probably going to be getting the proper one from Chrysler or Jeep or Mopar (who ever has one).
If anyone is interested in this red trail rated badge feel free to PM about it.
I bought it for about $20 Canadian dollars so if you are interested make me a deal.

Should look good with my red stickers that are coming :p.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So I was going through my emails and picking up my receipts from buying stuff, my hitch in the instance, and I realize I have NEVER once said what my hitch is properly and I feel dumb. In my first thread I call it a curt, in this thread I call it a drawtite but what it actually is: http://www.emwholesaleautoaccessories.ca/Jeep-compass-Class-III-Receiver-Hitch-p/hh71085.htm
A Pro-Series.

Please forgive me for leading you all astray for all these long months.

Derp*

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Stickers Stickers Stickers

So I just put on the JP.com sticker I got, along with my Patriot of the Month sticker.

I will be describing to you how you should do it, not necessarily the way I did it.

First pictures.

So the way I suggest one puts these stickers on goes as follows.
1) clean area with a mild solution of soapy water and allow to dry or use a microfibre cloth that will not leave anything behind.
*in my case it was my windows.

2) place decal with back paper attached onto desired spot.

3) using tape tape the decal to the window in the middle and also one side of the decal.
*I used green painters tape.

4) pull the side that is not taped from the surface and peel back the back paper from the decal carefully making sure the decal itself does not come with it and cut the back paper away from your decal.
*Be careful not to let the decal roll back onto your surface as it will stick unwanted.
**Be sure when you cut the back paper that no pieces of the paper are left on your surface, it would be best to cut the paper in one slice if possible.

5) using an even pressure carefully roll the decal onto the surface from the middle towards the non taped end.
*I used the palm of my hand.

6) use a plastic card to smooth run the bubbles out from the decal by carefully dragging the card from the middle to the outside with an even pressure.

7) now place another piece of tape next to your piece in the middle of the decal on the already stuck side. Remove the tape that you first placed down and repeat steps 4, 5, and 6 for this side.

8) Once you are confident that all the bubbles have been smoothed out you can remove the tape and begin slowly peeling the front paper from your decal. Take your time with this process and be sure that nothing is pulling from your surface.

9) Once the front paper is removed feel free to admire the decal and you can try to carefully smooth out any bubbles that may still be under the decal.

What NOT to do:
Do not look up youtube videos, just follow these steps.
Do not put soapy water down before you place sticker onto surface as described in a youtube video. The sticker will stick to the front paper and not so well on the surface.

Perhaps with some vinyl decals soapy water may be what is required but as far as these decals from Creation come it is not necessary.

***Sorry the Patriot is so dirty I have been working out of town for the last 3 weeks and have yet to have a chance to clean it.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Red Trail Rated Badge

Yes, the moment you all (most, maybe a few) have been waiting for!

I have put my Red Trail Rated Badge on and it looks great!

Also here is a quality shot. $15 vs $60. There is a difference. TRY TO STAY WITH MOPAR, for most things anyway.

Luckily it was hot enough today (32*) that I could easily pull my current trail rated badge off with a plastic spatula.
Then using some WD40 to clean up some of the residue left from the adhesive.
There was enough of a mark on my Patriot to see where the badge once was so it was easy for me to stick my new badge to the exact spot the old one was.

Enjoy!

I will be taking better pictures soon. Maybe for POTM :smiley_thumbs_up:.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
RRO Supersliders

Well I finally got them yesterday, I should have just shipped them to my house, I really didn't save any money :(.

Anyway took them out of my Jeep it looks like everything is here. Maybe this weekend I can get them on.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts