Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This 2007 Patriot came with Chrysler's lifetime powertrain warranty. Sure they replaced the engine at 100k miles, but when the cvt failed. They said they would not honor the warranty. No problem, I will fix it myself. That is how this project started. Basically I started with a junk Patriot.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So I had this old pathfinder in my yard. It ran great, the doors and windows did not work. So I took the pathfinder off the frame and went to the home Depot and picked up 2 4X4 timbers. I raised up the Patriot on milk crates and the 4X4s. I gutted the Patriot and rolled the pathfinder chassis under it. Lined up everything and secured it.

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I used a mini grinder to cut the stub off the rack and pinon steering and welded it to the Nissan steering shaft. Worked out the bugs and it runs great. I have been driving this around for a few years now.

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
WOW! Mouth Dropped Open...
yep, still speechless!

WOW!
Couple Questions for ya.
How does it drive compared to JEEP?
What's the distance from footboard to step in on Patriot?
Thanks for sharing your rig-up and for answering my questions and all. :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The engine is the 3.0 v6, with the 33" tires it runs great. I like driving it a lot more than the stock Patriot. It gets about 22 mpg so it gets better gas mileage with the Patriot body. The pathfinder body was very heavy. I cut it in half with a cutting torich to get it off the chassis. The Patriot body is light. I had it supported on plastic milk crates when I rolled the pathfinder chassis under it. The step is about 6 inches below the threshold. Just right.

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
4,689 Posts
Is the interior more Patriot or Pathfinder? Haven't seen much pics of it besides the cool MB/GP style gauges, which you haven't mentioned how you hooked up.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Interior

Except for the dash and a few switches, Its all patriot on the inside. The dash from e-bay is a genuine military dash, Mechanical speedometer and electronic gauges. I kept the Nissan loom and found all the wires I needed to make it work. The lights: 4x4, oil, alt. turn, hi-beam, low fuel are Nissan and work fine. The jeep interior is run from a relay hooked to the Nissan Key switch. The Jeep key is always on so it is switched on from the Nissan key so everything works like stock. I added GPS and CB with the 8 foot whip antenna just for fun.

I added the two ECM lamps to the dash so I can read the signals without having to look under the passenger seat. I put an on/off switch for this because I got tired of reading code 55 (no error codes). pretty good for a 28 year old chassis.

·
Fiat Cherokar
3,129 Posts
Still waiting for pics and videos, and of some offroad....

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Looking forward to seeing it in action, too.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts

·
Major Modificator
498 Posts
This is a troll/joke tread. Right?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Hell I believe it. Got a junk patriot, and time on your hands, why not. It's really not that hard to slap a unibody on a frame. I think he really lucked out on the wheel base on both rigs. lake of pictures does make it a bit sketchy. BUT, I never take pictures of stuff I do anyway unless I plan on putting it in a DIY, so you never know...

·
Fiat Cherokar
3,129 Posts
I would just like proof...........but once again only my opinion, its a pathfinder drivetrain and everything with a patriot body, it pretty much doesn't retain anything that makes a patriot a patriot, so while cool and all, I don't find this overly interesting, now retain the stock drivetrain and life a patriot 4" and you have my interest.

Reactions: RossoRacer

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
4,689 Posts
I would just like proof...........but once again only my opinion, its a pathfinder drivetrain and everything with a patriot body, it pretty much doesn't retain anything that makes a patriot a patriot, so while cool and all, I don't find this overly interesting, not retain the stock drivetrain and life a patriot 4" and you have my interest.
this.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts