Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Jeep Patriot Altitude
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will any 7” headlight physically fit in a Patriot? I want led headlights and fog lights. I see a lot of people just swap the bulbs for leds, the headlights need the resistors/adapters, etc. I cannot find an actual led headlight or fog light that is plug and play for the Patriot. And when I do look them up, it comes up with 7” headlights that are “universal”. Or they fit wranglers.

·
Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
1,640 Posts
No, no 7" round headlight will fit without an adapter. There is one company that makes adapter rings, but they are around $300 if memory serves. Way too expensive for a couple metal rings, IMHO. I've been running LED headlight bulbs in my Patriot since 2017 with no issues. Yes, you need adapter plugs, but they're relatively cheap. Here is what I am running:

Fog lights do not need any adapters, they're just plug and play. I'm using these fog light bulbs:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, no 7" round headlight will fit without an adapter. There is one company that makes adapter rings, but they are around $300 if memory serves. Way too expensive for a couple metal rings, IMHO. I've been running LED headlight bulbs in my Patriot since 2017 with no issues. Yes, you need adapter plugs, but they're relatively cheap. Here is what I am running:

Fog lights do not need any adapters, they're just plug and play. I'm using these fog light bulbs:
Dude, this helped out so much! Thank you! I'm sure there are a million other threads on this subject, but i'm new to jeeps so it gets confusing. Also, you do not have any flickering issues?. Again, Thank you.

·
Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
1,640 Posts
Nope, not a single flicker.

·
Registered
357 Posts
There are plug and play ones for the Patriot but it’s expensive. I think it’s around $800 last I checked and it’s basically all sales final.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There are plug and play ones for the Patriot but it’s expensive. I think it’s around $800 last I checked and it’s basically all sales final.
yeah no thanks haha. But I appreciate the info! MR_ET2's setup seems to be the way to go! Already found the stuff!

·
Registered
65 Posts

I’ve seen a few people custom fit them without the use of adapters. However, last week I installed the Valkyrie adapters and 7inch led lights and I’m happy with it.
Wheel Tire Automotive side marker light Car Vehicle

1 - 9 of 9 Posts