Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just completed my first fluid change on the tranny using maxlife. I took it for an hour test drive and so far no issues. The procedure was a bit of a pain though and one that I didn't follow exactly to the T. I bought two clear measured 5 quart buckets from the hardware store. I caught about 100ish oz. of dirty fluid which was about right according to a bit of literature. With my second bucket, I filled it to match the goop in the first bucket. The worst part was pouring it back in as the port under the battery tray was horribly slow and there was a little bit of spillage (which was added back). I haven't measured (shame on me) it but did take it for a test drive and it runs like a charm. Here's a crazy thought, why not make transmissions so you can simply cold drain/cold and be done with it?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I did mine last year with Maxlife as well. I put 35k on it so far with no issues. There is what i would call a breather tube with a rubber stop on it. If you remove the rubber cap the fluid will drain into the fill port much better. i drained and refilled mine twice because i was having the same issue. I think more got on my floor than in the transmission. i tried using the dipstick to measure at X temp but what a yoga pose that was. In the end I just poured what i caught coming out just as you did.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Thank you for sharing. A Jeep dealer about a half hour away from me uses Maxlife in their service department.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts