Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone give me some advice as to how to remove my shift knob? It's a '08 5spd....
I know i've read that it's not your nomral threaded shifter (that would make too much sense), so I was also wondering what my options would be as far as aftermarket knobs would be?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay, so I was able to get the knob off with a mighty yank lol. So my next question is what are my options for different knobs? Any other manual car I've owned has had threaded knobs..... anyone have pictures of their aftermarket knobs?

·
POTM November 2008
8,865 Posts
I took a 1/2" die and threaded the shaft. I have a round knob now.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
i tried some different universal ones, they use set screws to hold them in place, I always went back to the OEM as it had the best feel for me.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i tried some different universal ones, they use set screws to hold them in place, I always went back to the OEM as it had the best feel for me.

Does any company produce knobs that pressure fit like our stock knobs?

·
Registered
12,841 Posts
Someone put a T-handle shifter knob on theirs, I know I saw it here somewhere.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Someone put a T-handle shifter knob on theirs, I know I saw it here somewhere.

I've seen it on here too, however I think that was an automatic..... does anyone know if the auto and manual knobs are interchangable? I know I've seen some people switch to the Compass' "Jeep" logo knob, would that fit onto the manual shifter?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts