Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my friend spilled her soda in the cup holder and it spilt onto the 4x4 switch. none of the other lights have turned on the dash, but the 4x4 won’t switch on. nothing pops up. it’s that time of the year where the roads are bad and i go to school 6 hours away and winter storms are hitting pretty hard. i don’t know what to do

·
Registered
369 Posts
If it were me, I'd remove the center console (it's really easy), then remove the switch and clean it out with either rubbing alcohol or electrical contact cleaner. But you might be able to get away with just pouring some alcohol on the switch while working the lever, without removing the console. But make sure you do this with the battery disconnected (or at the very least with the key off), and don't try to turn the 4wd on for at least a couple hours, as rubbing alcohol is extremely flamable and if the switch makes a spark while it's wet with it... it won't be pretty.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Use a scan tool with live data to determine if the switch is even working. If it shows the position changing or not then you can go from there

1 - 3 of 3 Posts